German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not 100% sure if this is the right place so, sorry if it's not. :(

Anyway, trying to figure out if my females parents could also be full parents to a lady I met last wkend at a show. We didn't get our dogs from a kennel.

Anyway, my females birthday is 2-2-04 & her males is 10-30-04

I know females go into heat twice a yr, but not sure how it comes into play when pups are born ?

Would it be possible they have the same dam ?

I was awesome, was sitting with my girl as we just finished running & we were watching others & this lady whom I never have seen before comes over & asks where I'm from, I tell her & she asks, is that one of such & such dogs................ I say yes & then she says, I have one of her dogs also ! Based on looks this lady just knew our furkids were relative ! She just sent me a pic today in the mail & boy oh boy, I see how she knew that ! I just think that's super cool................... :)

Thanks for any info.................

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
I'm not sure about the dates, but did you get pictures?
Rayden's breeder now has one of his 1/2 brothers at Stud (same sire) and the similarity is amazing! Possibly yours are 1/2 siblings as well?

becket, Rayden's 1/2 brother

Rayden

ETA: Rayden was much darker when he was younger, the tan spread as he got older. You can definitely tell they got the handsome looks from their sire, though!

·
Registered
32,034 Posts
Yes, they could have the same dam.

February to October is eight months, almost nine. They could have litters six months apart.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
My bitch cycles every eight months, give or take a couple weeks.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks ! Wasn't sure when having pups if that messes up heat cycles. :confused:

If it doesn't then I think same sire/dam b/c this is all breeder had at this time other than females mother.

Thanks much........................

This lady is so happy with her male & said, miss sable is so like him, toy crazy & a very solid nerved GSD...............:wub:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Sorry if I sound a bit confused :confused:. I might have missed something but if both of you got your dogs from the same breeder, the breeder should be able to tell you whether or not these puppies were by the same dog and out of the same bitch.

The difference in their age would indicate that they could be sibs from different litters.
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts