German Shepherds Forum banner

Lisl Showing Me Her Teeth

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MichaelE 
#1 ·
She was 21 weeks this past Sunday and I've been trying to get hr to show me her teeth on command. She's teething heavily and I don't see anymore baby teeth in her mouth.

I was able to save five in all and I guess she swallowed the rest or lost them out in the yard.

I'm not sure what she was watching in this first photo, but the window binds were open and she's always watching birds.

This shot is just before I got her to show me her teeth the first time, but I couldn't snap the picture fast enough when she did.

This is the result of the second attempt and I was able to snap this one quickly.

The command is "Lisl, smile pretty"

We played a little tug and out popped another molar:

You can see an elongated red spot between two of her new teeth in this photo where she lost that molar a little while before I snapped this.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very cute! I <3 Lisl
Lara lost 2 teeth tonight, her command for this teeth showing "get mad" LOL I should change it to smile, because she's never angry when she does it lol.... it may scare people

that molar looks like it hurts, lots of ice cubes for the baby, hope her mouth feels better soon!

#6 ·
I have been pushing her lips up while repeating the command, and praise like crazy when she will actually do it. While she's teething, she wants to bite as well, so you have to make her understand not to bite and just raise her lips up.

The hard part is getting her to understand that you don't want to play and that she can't bite.

She still requires quite a bit of coaxing to do this. So far it's the hardest command I've tried to teach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.