German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had pictures but I'm certain I would have ruined my camera.

I bought a six foot kiddie pool at Wal-Mart this morning and filled it up. By this afternoon the temp was nearly 90 in the water which was just right to me.

It took awhile for me to coax Lisl in. I was tempting her with her Kong and at first she would just put a paw in and withdraw it. She did that several times. Then she stepped in with both paws and stuck her nose in the water.

I pulled her in the rest of the way and teased her with her Kong for another minute or so. I got her to sit down and then I got her to lay down and she decided that she really did like it after all.

She stuck her head under water to get her little fire hydrant squeakie toy and to try and grab my hands on the bottom of the pool. Someone else mentioned a month or more ago about their GSD bobbing for toys. Well, Lisl does it too, Head all the way under and looking for her toy.

She did a couple of Zoomies in, out, and through the pool and around the yard. I though I was going to get stepped on but she never touched me.

We spent about an hour in the water and then we got out and I dried her off and emptied the pool so she wouldn't try to get back in. The water was pretty much a mess anyway. I couldn't hardly get her out she enjoyed it so much.
She was one soaked pup.

We're going to do that again this weekend. Hopefully she'll stay in if I get out to snap a picture or two.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Roxy loves her kiddie pool too. I barely had it filled up the day I got it and she was already in it...this pup has no fear of water. Then what she tries to do is splash it all out ( LOL I left my camera where it would stay dry too and good thing)....they are so much fun with the water.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Bear loves his kiddie pool, I crack up every time he gets in. He always tries to dig his way out of the pool, it's great if you're standing behind the pool, you get an instant shower, lol!
I hope you get some good pictures of Lisl :)

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Be sure to take some pictures. I had several kiddie pools for the dogs here, but they eventually put holes in them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts