German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Lisbon, OH | 1210 LILA

This is "LILA" (avail ). She was found wandering on St Clair Ave. Lila is under a year old and just LOVES everyone!!!! She is so full of love and life that Lila just makes me smile as soon as she comes bounding into the office!!! Lila appears to have been well taken care of and looks healthy. She was wearing a collar with no id and dragging a chain. No one has called to report her missing /lost. Lila has been given a parvo/distemper (7-way) vaccine and has been wormed for 3 days with panacur.

She is scheduled to be euthanized WEDNESDAY., NOVEMBER 10TH

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
she is very pretty, but a mix.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I just did some searching ...
The kennel w/ the red male, Buddy, who passed to the bridge this year, is 51 miles from where this girl currently is. She looks EXACTLY like him.
Reading about their dogs and looking at the property images, it SEEMS like a decent breeder. I am going to send an FYI e-mail to her and give her a heads up. I just can't see the chances of this girl NOT being from a past breeding. Maybe, the breeder will go get her. Mintern's German Shepherds
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Excellent idea! What is the worst that could happen?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I am going to call the shelter this a.m. and see if I can find out any more info on this girl.
I have already heard back from the breeder and she checked her books and doesn't have anyone who bought a red pup in that area.
She sells with limited registration, but we all know that doesn't mean squat.
She gave me her number and asked that I call her after she gets back from the doctor this afternoon.
She wants to know anything and everything about this girl to see if she originated from her lines.
So, if anyone has any contacts at this shelter, LMK. The more info the better.
Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'm still not seeing mix except for maybe the gay tail. But, that isn't really that unusual.
I didn't get a chance to call the shelter, I had an almost-forgotten appointment.
The local breeder who had the red male (since crossed the bridge) hasn't had a red pup from him in five years. She looks younger than that. The breeder also made sure all buyers still had their dogs ... they do. I like diligent breeders!!!!
So, here's a bump and a prayer that her "pending" will soon say "adopted!"

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Looks PB to me, she just doesn't have the usual saddle or blanket back. I see GSD's with "gay" tails from time to time. She is really gorgeous, and if she is about to be adopted I hope she is getting a wonderful new home!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts