German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me what you think? her hind legs are still slightly cow-hocked, but her PennHip x-rays were in the 30th percentile. (good) She's just turned 20 wks old, and is 52 lbs. I really watch how much I feed her, she was growing very fast for the first 4 months. Now I am glad she has slowed right down. Dogs her size need to grow slooooowly!

(Edited to add - her coat is easily 2 inches long or more. She looks fat but really it's mostly just her pouffy hair!)

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I don't know if there is an actual standard for king shepherds since its not a real breed so I can't critique anything structurally.

I'm glad her hips are good! She has a very sweet happy face :) I bet she's nice to cuddle with

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh my gosh, look how poofy! Reminds me of Manny on Ice Age, "I'm not fat. I have poofy fur!" She'd be great to cuddle up with on a cold night!

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
she's a very cute fuzzy girl:) At this point I wouldn't worry to much about her cow hocks, all puppies go thru gangly awkward stages..

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Wow she is gorgeous!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
She's beautiful! Can't really worry about their structure for a year of so cause they have spurts and grow differently.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
As Agnes from Despicable Me would say.... "SHE'S SO FLUFFY, I'M GONNA DIE!" :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Does she still have her milk teeth at 20 weeks? I think I see them in the pics...

She's a very cute girl indeed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
she only has one baby tooth left, her left upper canine. The rest are adult teeth that have just erupted this week.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Nice hip scores! I like her alot, very squarely built girl with good bone for a bitch too. I like her topline and her chest - the cowhockiness she will likely outgrow - they go through the puppy fuglies at this age. I used to be in Shiloh Shepherds and Kings are not far off from them. She's a nice looking puppy, do you plan to show her? I think she'd do well personally. Haven't delved much into Kings but have seen them at rare breed shows and been to enough websites to notice there is as much a division between clubs as there is in Shilohs - seems when they branched off from Shilohs they took some of the politics with them!

Nice girl, I'd show her and see how she did at least because you may be able to title her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts