German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, My 5 month old pup (crossbreed with a bit of gsd in him) has had an episode of limping and crying, he's had two in the last week. The first one happened when he was playing with my boyfriend and sometimes my boyfriend will lift him up after loki jumps on his back in a sort of piggyback.
I told him a million times I hated it and that it would hurt him and eventually I was proved right.
Loki screamed the house down limping and it sort of looked like his leg had cramped up, I massaged it and stretched it out and that seemed to help as he stopped screaming. Can dogs get cramps? I was a second away from going to the vet but he jumped up and continued playing so I didn't.
Now this morning he's been chasing a fly and has started limping and crying again. This time he was lifting his leg of the ground and not using it, I massaged it again and he seemed fine. I know that sometimes he does pretend he's hurt for attention but I don't think this was one of those times.
What do you think? I'm hoping to god it isn't hip related.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would go to the Vet- when my first dog tore her acl just playing with another dog she yelped and held it out at a funny angle right after it happened. Hope he's okay and it's nothing serious.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts