German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Before anything else I want to say God has allowed me to stumble upon the most extraordinary animal on this planet (a German shepherd), what is more he has allowed me to keep her. She is by far the most wonderful dog, she is beautiful, playful, loving and loyal everything I could ask for in a dog.
3 years ago my husband and I moved to Egypt and being a dog lover I was shocked how they treated them here. I always vowed that I would never have a dog in this country because of the way they are bred and kept.
Anyway despite my vow I ended up with Lily and this is how. Christmas shopping with my husband and we walked past a pet shop. I would never normally buy from these places here because the animals are in very poor condition. However, on this particular day we walked past and Lily was being placed into a cage barely big enough for her to turn. She looked loved and amazing. I took one look at her and then looked at the other puppies (who were being fed bread and water); the other puppies were in terrible condition. I thought there is no way I am going to let a seemingly healthy and happy puppy end up in the same condition as the other puppies in the store.
So I fetched my husband and we then enquire about her. We were told she was about 55 days I refused to leave her in the pet shop. We brought her and took her immediately to a vet. He said she was in excellent condition and a beautiful dog.

Nearly 4 months on and she has grown into a wonderful dog.

This is what we brought home

On our walk this evening

With her care giver at the kennel last weekend while we travelled

Kissing Nigma the cat goodbye

Sitting waiting for Nigma to come back in, she waited 15 minutes before she gave up.

I am sure you all will agree I am very lucky to have her.

Any opinions on her coat type, people have before said she will be a long coat but I am not so sure as her new coat is really rather short.
Kind regards
Samantha

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
She is a beautiful dog! Her and Lisl could be sisters.

Her coat looks to me to be a long hair blanket back. In some photos it looks like she could be sable too. I can't tell.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
gorgeous baby and good on you for saving her. she looks like a long hair in the early pictures but that could just be baby fuzz.

jelpy

·
Registered
27,250 Posts
Definitely a long stock coat, and a black and tan. She's cute and I'm happy that you found her!
Her coat will grow longer as she ages, and the black may fade some. Did the pet store have any pedigree/paperwork on her?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Jane,
Thank you for your lovely comments.
No I don’t have any papers for her. Unfortunately here there is very little good breeding. They seem to have the principle buy a dog then as soon as its ready breed it. It is a large money making issue here. They don’t care about how good the dog is or if it has any genetical problems. They just want them to make money.
I am surprised how well Lily has grown up she how wonderful bone structure and a beautiful temperament.
Sam

·
Registered
892 Posts
she is a beautiful girl! I agree with the two below me. She is a long stock coated black and tan :) My girls coat isn't very long either but still considered a long stock coat :) Good job giving her a great home!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts