·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I understand it, she needs a commitment by 8 pm TONIGHT.
Can be held if she has a commitment.
This is third party information.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Came to the pound with puppies. Puppies adopted. Mom needs commitment by 8 pm tonight. Very sweet dog.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Well I work literally right down the street from this place however didn't get this thread until after I got home from work which wasn't until about 10 at night. I just called them to see if she was still there figured I would go get her then try for rescue help or something however he told me she was going to be put to sleep in about a half hour "actually he said IT would be euthanized in a half hour" I let him know I work down the street from them told him where I worked etc... let him know I would leave now but it's about a 45 minute to an hour drive and he told me they would not wait for me to get there. I understand people saying they'll come and not but come on I would leave right now it would be a whole half hour max they'd be holding HER. Stupid hicktown shelter.

Then he told me to go to their website which I said has NO animals on it. This shelter never has any more then 8 listings on it's website and thats including cats and they just go and kill them all of and start new each week or however often they do it? Sorry just beyond ticked at them right now. I want to go out there and give them all my contact information so if they ever have a GSD come through there they can contact me and I can get it posted up here so they have a shot before something like this ever happens again but I'm doubtful they are willing to do somethin like that seem very heartless there.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
How horrible and right before Christmas! :mad:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Harnett is one of the worst here. :(

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
OMG they are just a holes.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holmeshx2, thank you so much for trying. It is outrageous that this dog was gassed when there was an offer to take her.

Possible things to do:
This morning there is a post on the Raleigh CL calling for action about this pound Harnett County- what can we do?
and a response
Re: Harnett County- what can we do? (everywhere in NC) from someone who says their rescue pulls from this pound.

Maybe you can join a local rescue that pulls from this shelter. And/or join forces to investigate the shelter's practices, more info at No Kill Advocacy Home Page

I learned about her yesterday evening b/c I was fwd'ed a posting about her from the Raleigh CL ~ONLY TWO HOURS LEFT~PLEASE HURRY AND ADOPT~. Other CL postings before were specifically about her. It seems there are several people out there who are willing to act and who monitor the shelter's listings and post them on CL.

I would not rely on the shelter notifying you about GSDs coming in. It's probably necessary to bookmark their web page and check online daily, and to work with a rescue that actually goes there and pulls from there. If it's on your way to work and feasible for you, you might offer to check into the shelter to see the dogs for the rescue, not daily, but with people taking turns doing so. It's emotionally tolling but helps the dogs.

Last night, there was this beautiful GSD listed, and a very friendly looking, cute, small wirehaired terrier mom with puppies, and several nice looking mixes. All dogs looked healthy and friendly. All gassed now. RIP. But we are not resting, we can act in their memory.

·
Registered
441 Posts
This is very sad! I was never able to get a picture of her either and I was on this morning!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh my God. That is absolutely dePLORable. How dare they? I understand it has to be done for space etc etc... but when there's a person on the phone willing to get her out? God!!

:( RIP poor girl.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Holmeshx2, thank you so much for trying. It is outrageous that this dog was gassed when there was an offer to take her.

Possible things to do:
This morning there is a post on the Raleigh CL calling for action about this pound Harnett County- what can we do?
and a response
Re: Harnett County- what can we do? (everywhere in NC) from someone who says their rescue pulls from this pound.

Maybe you can join a local rescue that pulls from this shelter. And/or join forces to investigate the shelter's practices, more info at No Kill Advocacy Home Page

I learned about her yesterday evening b/c I was fwd'ed a posting about her from the Raleigh CL ~ONLY TWO HOURS LEFT~PLEASE HURRY AND ADOPT~. Other CL postings before were specifically about her. It seems there are several people out there who are willing to act and who monitor the shelter's listings and post them on CL.

I would not rely on the shelter notifying you about GSDs coming in. It's probably necessary to bookmark their web page and check online daily, and to work with a rescue that actually goes there and pulls from there. If it's on your way to work and feasible for you, you might offer to check into the shelter to see the dogs for the rescue, not daily, but with people taking turns doing so. It's emotionally tolling but helps the dogs.

Last night, there was this beautiful GSD listed, and a very friendly looking, cute, small wirehaired terrier mom with puppies, and several nice looking mixes. All dogs looked healthy and friendly. All gassed now. RIP. But we are not resting, we can act in their memory.
I second the thanks Holmeshx2 - but agree with the CL poster: not the implication that gassing is somehow better than heartstick, they are both horrific - but that reform in this shelter can only come about by the actions of people local to it.

RIP to all the sweet babies who lost their lives in this place :cry: - run free at the Bridge.........

Anja SchH3
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts