German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sasha is 10 weeks old and has been home for 3 weeks now. When we try and go in the backyard for playtime, she is more interested in eating rocks in the garden or just investigating the backyard. Even if we try training her with her kibble, she’s more interested in the dirt.
When we try and play inside with her, we get no more than 3 minutes and she lunges for my hands or feet or ankles.
Anyone else have this with their GS puppy?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yes its normal, my pup (6 month old) still tried for the occasional mouthful of dirt here and there. They grow out of it. As for the biting your hands and feet that is part of the German shepherd puppy package! You need to teach bite inhibition and teach that it is NOT ok for them to bite you in play, they dont call German Shepherd puppies Land Sharks for no reason lol.. There is a whole Thread on here that is Sticky'ed in the puppy section take a read through there to learn how to teach bite inhibition. Good luck :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your advice. I have read through the other forums, and have tried many things. When we are playing and goes for my hands or ankles I try and give her a toy, no interest. I have tried getting up and leaving the room. I have tried putting her in her crate, which she loves so I don’t know if she associates this with she did something that I didn’t like.

We have not been able to walk her until she gets her second shots, which is today!! I am hoping this will make a difference……please tell me it will?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts