German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lara seems to like raw more than cooked meats. I dont know why it's so appealing to her. Every time I prepare dinner with raw beef or chicken I save some of the pieces that I dont like, cube them up, chill them, and use them that evening as training treats.

I found a nice raw feeding group in my St. Louis area, and even though I have a small freezer I'm thinking maybe sometime I should switch her to half or fully raw.

But about the treats I've been making her. Is it bad that I'm giving her mainly the fatty pieces? There are some parts of the raw beef that have lean meat, but I usually cut off all the fat parts before I cook it for myself because cooked fat texture freaks me out. If I had one pretty decent sized baby carrot, that's probably how much fat I give her (so like an inch or two) but I dont think that will do any harm right? :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
well, fat is a super important part of dogs diet, since it's their primary source of energy. so, no, i don't think it would harm your dog, as long as it's balanced with protein. your dog actually needs fat. most raw feeders don't care about fat, but the actual amount of food. that's what makes your dog fat.

ps* you should switch to fully raw :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts