German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this sweet girl 2 days ago and I'm so curious about her coat color! Will it get darker? Stay tan?

Mom is the all white shepherd and dad is the one that's circled on the far right!

I would LOVE to see puppy and grown pictures of your babies! 馃グ

Attachments

Super Moderator
She's beautiful! I have a mixed breed girl about that same color. As she grew her dark stripe became more prominent and wider,and she has gold highlights here and there.
Plant Dog Dog breed Carnivore Tree

Registered
White is a Masking Gene and is a disqualification in the breed standard. More than likely, your pup will be a very light Sable with weak pigmentation.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
White is a Masking Gene and is a disqualification in the breed standard. More than likely, your pup will be a very light Sable with weak pigmentation.
You don't think she'll get any darker? We chose ger because we thought she was a fawn shepherd then she started getting darker but it's so beautiful and interesting!

Registered
Being Sable the color will change back and forth for a while. But she will end up being a light Sable.

Reactions: sitamagruder

Registered
I got this sweet girl 2 days ago and I'm so curious about her coat color! Will it get darker? Stay tan?

Mom is the all white shepherd and dad is the one that's circled on the far right!

I would LOVE to see puppy and grown pictures of your babies! 馃グ
Where did you get her? Just curious, I would love to figure out where Willow came from and fawn shepherds seem pretty rare.

Registered
Fawn is not a breed standard color. Some use it as a description, but it's not a breed color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts