German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She surprised us all and by the last class was running through tunnels (while kind of ignoring me haha, but having fun!) on her own! This was an agility for fun and beginners or for dogs who need to build confidence!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is confidence building classes for shy dogs? I've never heard of this. I'm kind of interested BC my bubbles needs more confidence .

liebe looks like she is having fun :) so cute.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is ran by a behavior consultant in MA! I never heard of it before but I called her when I saw this was a less serious agility class and I thought it was something that could help her come further out of her shell and she said she has shy dogs all of the time and that doing obstacles like this really helps build their confidence! So I signed up and by the third week she was flying through things and smiling! She used to sit by the door and pant, total shut down! We are doing a nose works class next, something she might really like! If you look into fun classes like this I think it can really help even if it's not called confidence building. Call and inquire how many students are there and make sure it's a pressure free zone. I told her my goals were just to see if she would be interested and maybe do a thing or two but she really started liking it after she completed one thing she seemed happy with herself. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is ran by a behavior consultant in MA! I never heard of it before but I called her when I saw this was a less serious agility class and I thought it was something that could help her come further out of her shell and she said she has shy dogs all of the time and that doing obstacles like this really helps build their confidence! So I signed up and by the third week she was flying through things and smiling! She used to sit by the door and pant, total shut down! We are doing a nose works class next, something she might really like! If you look into fun classes like this I think it can really help even if it's not called confidence building. Call and inquire how many students are there and make sure it's a pressure free zone. I told her my goals were just to see if she would be interested and maybe do a thing or two but she really started liking it after she completed one thing she seemed happy with herself. :D
Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts