German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering-for all the renters out there-how much you are currently paying for liability insurance for your GSD? and through whom? I would really appreciate an idea of what I may be shelling out if I decide to rent a place closer to town. Would I still need to get liability even if it wouldn't be my primary residence? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I pay close to 100$ a month (I think that's how it works out, I pay annually) for liability and content. I'm insured thru The Co-Operators but my liability insurance is with a private company thru my work and I have no idea what the details are.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have herd good things about X-Insurance, but I have never used them. I looked into them when I rented... however my landlord did not require me to put liability insurance on my dog, so I never ended up buying a policy. I would say weather or not you need to get the insurance depends on what the LL of the rental requires and beyond that, how much you feel you need it yourself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not renting, but my pet insurance includes liability . Maybe you already have it too , if you have pet insurance, definitely worth checking.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've never needed it in my dog-friendly small town. My dog is not aggressive and she doesn't seek fights.

However, in a big city, I do think pet liability insurance would be a very good idea! There are places where you definitely do not want to face an expensive lawsuit. Such is the nature of our litigious society.

And if a place you want to rent with a GSD requires proof of pet liability insurance, do get it. Both for your peace of mind and that of your landlord.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts