German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didn't find anything recent, so I figured why not?

Every time I was in talks with a breeder to get a pup another GSD that didn't have a home kinda just happened. I hope to someday get one from a breeder, but until then I love the ones I got to pieces. They are great dogs with wonderful temperaments and I'm blessed to have them in my life :wub:

Robyn came from an add on Craigslist. They were going to bring her to the shelter because they couldn't handle her.

Robyn's first day home

Robyn at almost 4 yrs old

Midnite was brought to a kill shelter at about 6 months of age. He was there for a couple months going from the floor to sick area(kennel cough). His time was almost up when I found him. It took about a week of going back and forth and red tape to break him out of there. The moment I met him I fell in love with his temperament.

Midnite at the shelter

Midnite at just over 3 yrs old

Apollo was found on the side of the road as young pup, 8-10 weeks. He is a great dog(we are working on some issues(pretty much my issues) and I am seeing improvement) i don't think I will ever stop learning.

First week home

One year old

A couple days ago, so 14 months

The three Amigos

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they know why Bruno ended up in a rescue? Sables are growing on me and I do believe that will be my next one :) He is a beautiful dog!!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Did they know why Bruno ended up in a rescue? Sables are growing on me and I do believe that will be my next one :) He is a beautiful dog!!
No. They got him from another rescue in Ohio but had no other information. But, he was an overgrown 80lb puppy that had not been taught any manners including how to be gentle with his mouth and how to stay off the counters. And had some resource guarding issues.

But he has improved so so much and he is so fun, I don't know how anyone could give him up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I adopted my Buddy a year ago, when he was a little over two years old. He came from a GSD rescue located about two hours away from my home. I was having a hard time getting a GSD resuce to let me adopt as I do not live near any rescues and they preferred local adopters. Also, had never owned a GSD before, although I have rescued or fostered many many pets over the years.

Not sure how to post pics here, but boy is he a beautiful dog, aren't they all! He quickly taught me why GSD are different than the average dog in terms of behaviors and training. But we are doing great, I adapted quickly and he is the love of my life. A real velcro dog!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
We found Newlie on Petfinder, applied and were approved, and went to get him on 12/29/12. The rescue group brought him up and met us a Feeders Supply near our home and I remember my first thought when I saw him was "What a beautiful dog!" My second thought was "Oh my gosh, what have I done?" I was used to a big dog, but he looked HUGE to me. The first night, I was half asleep and I heard him come into the bedroom, sniff and then kiss me on the cheek. That was when I started to love him.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Dakota the white GSD( R.I.P.) was rescued by me at four months old from an animal shelter the day before he was scheduled to be put down.He's been gone three years now.Misty I found along the side of the road as a tiny pup.She's four years old now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
bumping ...
We are gifted with Barty.. we are thankful every day the volunteers affiliated with Maddac gave us the opportunity to meet him...

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Adopted Spring 2014. After my dear old senior crossed the bridge, I thought I'd take a while to find the next perfect dog. This handsome young fellow walked into my life about a month later. :wub: We pulled him from a high-kill city shelter, after his former owner abandoned him there because the man had to move outside the country.

Blind Ambition:

He's now probably 7, adopted in 2011. He's adventuresome, plucky, and active--he sees with his nose and ears, with little need for his eyes, even on mountain trails (we keep him next to us on the uphill side of the trail, so he's never near a ledge). He loves outings around town too. He's my best argument for why blind dogs really are not "special needs." He was picked up stray dodging traffic (!!!). We fostered him, not knowing anything about blind dogs, but we learned. He unpacked his bags and claimed my DH's heart. He's allegedly possibly got some kind of dwarfism thing going on, at least according to one vet, but not the foxy pituitary kind. He's one of a kind. They broke the mold in heaven after they made this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts