German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and not take any responsibility. UGH!! :mad:

Updated on neighbor vent warning.

In a previous post I vented about our neighbor and their dog. Well things got worse. I don't remember if I posted this in the last one but....The dog has now started to mark our truck rims. :angryfire: I'm fairly positive my brain imploded at that point. I took photos, of the pee not the dog in the act, to have just in case.

My husband asked me to have some patience as he wanted to catch the dog in the act and confront the owners at that point. Or at the very least get a video or photo of the dog in the act to avoid any "its my word against yours". I understand his logic but after the pee on my beloved truck.....I wanted to unleash some **** on these folks. I'm SUCH a passive person, I swear, but pregnancy brings a beast out. I, through gritted teeth, agreed to wait.

Well today we caught the lil fuzbutt in the act. :happyboogie: It took all I had to let my husband run outside. As happy as I was to FINALLY catch the dog in the act, it just fired me up again.

My husband ran out yelling at the dog, who just looked at him and kept crapping in our yard. The neighbor, who we didn't see, WAS SITTING ON THE PORCH!! With his back to the dog, who was off leash!!! WTH!!! My husband startled him pretty bad as he about fell out of his chair. He then said this had to stop an went down the list of things the dog was doing/had done on our property. Oh and also about the tie out reaching into our yard. The owner says "Oh I totally understand, man. He's a rude dog with no manners. I try and clean up after him when we catch him" He just kept repeating this.

Seriously?! You are going to put the blame on the dog? The DOG is rude? Excuse me!! YOU are the owner and YOU are responsible for the dog and its actions. If you KNOW he wont stay in his own yard, they WHY do you just let him out the door with no supervision?? Why do you not watch him if you are going to take him out off leash?? Why do you put him on a tie out that reaches OUR home???? The man had his back to the dog sitting in a lounging chair. The dog was dang near in our driveway taking a crap!! But the dog is the rude one and he totally gets where we are coming from? They have NEVER picked up after their dog!! Meatloaf is on a raw diet. You can CLEARLY see the difference between his poo and the neighbors dog. Obviously they don't know this. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to take advantage of us having a dog and how often we pick up poop. I just can't believe he took no responsibility, at all, for the dogs actions and his lack of taking action.

How can people do this? If my dog manages to poo in someones yard on a walk I pick it up. I don't giggle and say "Oops!! He's so rude. I totally get why you are upset about it." and walk away. No I make sure he gets his fill of peeing and pooing in our yard then we go on a walk. I still carry bags with me just in case he sneaks one in. I just don't understand people.

My husband was quite a bit more polite than I would have been. Which was probably the best way to go. He made it clear it needed to stop or we were going to take further action with the HOA and/or AC. I really do want to be a good neighbor regardless of how any of mine act. I'd like to be able to have some communication with them and avoid AC or the HOA. But sometimes they make it sooooooo stinking hard. I have no hope this is going to stop anything but at least I feel we gave them an honest chance to do something. Time will tell.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha Well if this one is anything like me, or my daughter, he/she is going to love animals. I'm sure both will have quite a few pets "follow" them home, just like I did. Haha

I cool down rather fast. I'm just quicker to to get upset than normal. Although I'd love to have spoke my mind and maybe boot the little guy. I really wouldn't want to hurt the dog. He may be driving me up the wall but I blame the owners. I do hope this does the trick. I'd rather live peacefully next to my neighbors. Although I'm sure my posts don't convey that. Haha

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Thank you, that was a good read, and my sentiments exactly! I got so fed up of picking up after our neighbor's dog that my DH put a fence up for me. I can't believe how selfish and ignorant some people are...oops, I mean their dogs are, LOL!!

New neighbors moved in, they had a younger Lab. They saw the older Lab treating the neighborhood like it's own property, so then they let their dog do the same. One day the young one was being walked off leash (I don't have problem with this if the dog seems to be on a leash, as in walking with you) but no, this dog is tearing through my flower garden and up on my lawn...the owner didn't say a word (not that "sorry" would have fixed my flowers, but I would have appreciated something) argh, why can I have responsible dog owners for neighbors?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't understand how people think its perfectly ok to disrespect another persons personal property. All I want is to not have to scrub my rims or pick up more poo than necessary. Haha. You want an ill behaved dog...I'm fine with that. Just don't make me pay for it. Haha

It should be legal to smack someone upside the head. Haha I want a hunk of land with a huge all and a mote haha. That could solve so many problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts