German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start.

Myah, 5.5 months and who acts like she can't jump into the backseat of the car (I never let her jump out), just exhuberantly greeted me after work by jumping up for kisses, then charging around the house and JUMPED UP onto the kitchen counter by the stove (which was off), all four legs.

Good lord, Myah....really? The kitchen counter, miss pup?

I have a feeling the center island will be a small hurdle for her...

:eek:

·
Registered
428 Posts
LOL, that's amazing! I bet you were surprised! We had one great male, named LT, who discovered that he could see us in the bedroom when he was outside. The way he did this was by leaping off the step outside the back door, and leaping past the bedroom window. One of the funniest things is seeing your dog go flying past the window back and forth looking in as he flies by...:eek::wild:
He was a good one too for jumping into my arms on command. Or on my back when I bent over and gave him the command for that.
Got a pic of the counter hopper? Hee, hee.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have a very small 20 pound dog who can jump like nothing I have ever seen. She jumped into the baby crib and over the back of a computer desk chair landing in the seat. She's crazy.....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
We have tried to limit Nita's jumping while she grows, but she had other ideas :p We can't even throw the ball without her wanting to catch it in the air!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Our Buzz (Aussie) was 5 yo and 90 lbs when we got him. He could jump straight up on all fours to a height of over 5 feet. It was quite a site, but he never went over our 4 foot fence. He was a really good boy (and we never left him out in the yard alone). He did once jump over a 5 foot fence without knocking it over when he was at the kennel. That is actually how we confirmed that he could clear 5 feet. Now he is an old boy and his jumping days are over, but just thinking about it makes me smile.

FYI he is such a good boy that he never stole any food off the kitchen counter even if we left it out there when we were not home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts