German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trends in dog walking:

Take you dog for a walk, across the street from your house to your neighbor's lawn and stand there and talk on your cell phone for 15-30 minutes, ignoring your dog that you have ignored all day while at work.

In winter when it gets dark early, drive to the park, right up to the lawn in your car, leave your headlights on, stand there and let your dog off leash where you can see it in your headlights, meanwhile blinding the others who are actually walking their dogs around the field.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Trends in dog walking:

Take you dog for a walk, across the street from your house to your neighbor's lawn and stand there and talk on your cell phone for 15-30 minutes, ignoring your dog that you have ignored all day while at work.

In winter when it gets dark early, drive to the park, right up to the lawn in your car, leave your headlights on, stand there and let your dog off leash where you can see it in your headlights, meanwhile blinding the others who are actually walking their dogs around the field.
Bwahaha! :rofl:

I've seen both of those near my house! Of course in my area (not the greatest part of town) it's way more popular to open your back door and just let 'em roam for an hour, pooping wherever they please, scaring the mess out of whomever they feel like. Then comes their owner, hollerin' at the top of their lungs something like "GIT HERE. NOW. GIT HERE DOG" for a good four minutes. Ah, the sounds of summer. :p

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow I have never seen just sitting in your car and letting the dog run around- that is sad!

Usually when I am jogging by with Dax I just see bored dogs staring out the windows and barking their heads off. And then I might hear the inevitable 'SHUT UP DOG!!!!!'.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A big one here is to ignore your dog completely and text. And because you are so busy texting you ignore their poop. Oh and when the dog decides to really move you yell "OMFG STOP MOVING!" because they pull your texting arm.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I have a neighbor who lives way down our street. She walks her dog off leash while she pushes her baby in a stroller. Which is a great idea should someone come down the road hauling butt, hit her dog and throw it's body into the stroller with the baby. I'm just saying...

My neighbor across the street has six dogs (she fosters). When this lady gets to their area she stands there and lets her dog race back and forth in front of the fence driving my neighbor's dogs crazy. It causes such a scene. Then she turns around and heads back to her house.

Why? Does she use this to tire her dog out? Put your dog on a leash and walk further. Dork.

·
Registered
594 Posts
My good friend and I run an indoor "puppy playtime" program inside a local school gym in the winter. The purpose of the program is to educate owners on responsible puppy & dog ownership, answer questions, and most importantly give owners a place to bring their puppies (up to 6 months depending on size) a safe place to socialize and "go wild" with other healthy puppies in a warm, safe, controlled environment. I was amazed that we actually had to include in our list of "dos & don'ts" a line item prohibiting cell phones, texting and kindle fires during class. Some owners would pay the fee, come in, remove the leash, and go find a chair to plop in while texting/talking/reading and ignoring their puppy for the entire session. Why bother getting a dog if that's your level of attention??

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I love the ones who walk their dogs to end of the street which is maybe a 5 minute walk,turn right around,and take the dog back inside. The funny thing is that they act as if they did something so tiring.

·
Registered
15,884 Posts
OK where I used to live, people would take their dogs out for a run. The people would let the dog out & then drive around with the dog running along side the vehicle or in front of it. At least two dogs got hit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts