German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My six year old male has bare spots on his elbow for a while,, I have noticed recently rhat there is a black/dark blue lesion growing on his right elbow .. It is dark like the skin on the bare spots that he has ... Any info would be great,,, thanks..

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i think the bare spots are from laying down. the skin in the bare spot is dried out
and rough. my dog has them. my GF noticed them quite a while ago. she took him
to the Vet to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not to concerned about the bare spots, but the lesion that is growing next to it seems to be getting bigger ....

·
Registered
32,422 Posts
hmmm....I would take him in. The elbow callous is above that thing. Banshee has something that is similar and it's a wart but that thing is nasty looking

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Get that dog to a vet, seriously, that can be serious. Its needs to get a biopsy on it ASAP. Hopefully its nothing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took him to the vet, he said that it is a wart and that it needs to be removed ..

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
It could be helpful to others if you could post a picture of it.

·
Registered
32,422 Posts
The picture is above???

Glad it's just a wart! Banshee's is on her back and looks just like that. The vet didn't recommend removing it. He told me not to worry about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think if it was somewhere else it probably wouldn't need to be removed, he didn't bother it until recently and now that he knows it's there he wont leave it alone.. Plus it is getting bigger..

·
Registered
32,422 Posts
Banshee's actually peeled off and then grew back. We're ready to name it. George seems like a good name for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Boss has until Monday for his to peel off.. Poor guy can't catch a break. Had surgery for a luxating patella back in March,,just went last week and had his final x ray for that..

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
maybe it's bothering him so that's why he knows it there. it's getting bigger. why wait untill Monday to go to the Vet?

I think if it was somewhere else it probably wouldn't need to be removed,

>>>>> he didn't bother it until recently and now that he knows it's there he wont leave it alone.. Plus it is getting bigger..<<<<<

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not waiting until Monday , I already took him to the Vet. and they are going to remove it on Monday ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts