German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little half dead bundle of fluff has grown into a pretty girl. :wub: I know she's got a slew of faults, but some of them don't seem to be as bad as when she was younger. She still has straight shoulders and short forearms, but she doesn't seem to be as easty-westy or narrow chested as she did as a pup.

Not perfect stacks, just a couple of shots I managed to catch in the yard. She's probably 23 to 23.5 inches tall, and weighs around 52 to 55 pounds (haven't weighed her lately). Best guess is she's a mix of BYB and WGSL.

2015-7-5 Dogs & morning glories DSC_0589 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2015-7-5 Dogs & morning glories DSC_0585 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

Movement.... well, I guess we can safely say that she doesn't have typical GSD trot. Too much bounce.
2015-6-24 DSC_0938 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2015-7-8 Leo & Lily DSC_0711 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
well, I guess we can safely say that she doesn't have typical GSD trot. Too much bounce.
Her motion is actually beautifully balanced. Opening at the shoulder, extended in the rear. It even looks like you caught her in suspension :) Doesn't look like she overreaches, but the picture she presents is lovely.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Her motion is actually beautifully balanced. Opening at the shoulder, extended in the rear. It even looks like you caught her in suspension :) Doesn't look like she overreaches, but the picture she presents is lovely.
Thanks. When I get the chance (probably next week) I'm going to try getting some good video of her gaiting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts