German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,334 Posts
Ruby has the most pleasing structure to me. Her head is wonderful, she's very harmonious, nice topline, she looks like she could work all day and not twitch an ear. Would love to see a photo of her in full trot.

Leo looks promising. I'd love to be able to fast forward to 24-36 months to see what the end result is! It's hard to tell in these photos but Leo's shoulder looks a mite better than Ruby's. I like his structure but I think his croup area looks a little short and steep. Wish he had more bone on him. The overall picture is of a promising, yet still a bit awkward, juvenile! Can't tell much about the paws thanks to the grass, though. I do like Ruby's expression, snotty and confident for the camera!

Quote:I see alot of what she has a problem with he improves on and vice versa.
Are you thinking of breeding them together, hence the comparison? In my completely inexperienced opinion, I think Ruby would be best complemented by a male dog of good bone, great shoulder, and a beefy head without being mastiff-like.

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dogs/white_shepherd/pedigree/503441.html
http://www.sutumer-grund.de/rueden-campino.htm

You know, I had a heck of a time finding BBSes with a decent shoulder! Huh! Anyway, I do think that Ruby and Leo would be best complemented by dogs other than each other, but then again, I'm the last person to ask for advice on that!

· Registered
3,334 Posts
I like Bossonova's structure. Hard to see Amaroq's but his also looks nice. Bodyguard looks a little "hocky" and not all that complementary. But then again you have to look at so much more than just looks. Whatever works best (literally)!

· Registered
3,334 Posts
Ruby's is higher at the wither it seems but it is more level and "flowing" in my eyes. The abrupt end on Leo's throws me off. Daphne, you're the pro, what's your take on the toplines?

The more I look at them though, it seems that Leo has more angulation and Ruby could definitely use a bit more.

· Registered
3,334 Posts
I think halfway between Leo and Ruby would be good, but I have to agree, knowing my preference in type, it's no wonder I can stare at both of them all day and still come out liking Ruby more. She is not as nice around the wither but she is more solid. I hope you don't mind this, but I wanted to post the last photo of Ruby next to her current photo as a comparison. She is coming along very nicely! Too bad you didn't have a stack of Leo from when he was younger!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.