German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Zoey up the mountain today to target shoot and let her play in the snow and she ended up getting abrasions on the fronts of her front legs from the crusty snow. The snow was 2+ feet deep with a firm layer on top but not frozen. She also caught her dew claw on something under the snow, but I had Styptic powder and wrap for that, nothing for her legs though. She was still happy as can be, but her legs were taking a beating. I don't know if wrap would stay or not or if there are other options out there?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have no idea if it would work, but my first thought was some type of sleeve used to keep dogs from chewing wounds/stitches on their limbs. Or maybe some type of "knee length bootie." If it doesn't exist, maybe you can invent it. I get 5% for the suggestion :)

ETA: Did a quick search and didn't see what I was thinking of (for the full-limb and paw coverage in one piece). Then I started imagining using a garter belt type device to hold them up . . . I'm getting punchy at this time of the evening, I guess!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts