German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to find out if anyone has used the methods of establishing pack structure dvd that leerburg offers. If so, did you consider it worth the 40 dollars he charges. I need to get some one on one help with Gunther, and a dvd might be helpful? Thank you in advance for your help. I need some training on establishing myself as leader.

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
IMO the dvd's are advertisements for other dvd's in diguise. There is usable information, but not worth the price. Your money would be better spent with a reputable trainer working with you and your dog.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I don't know about pack structure one but his dvd with Flinks on drive, grip, and focus is pretty good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have tons of his dvd. For the money I like 8 weeks to 8 mnths. Pack structure isn't bad. I thought the basic obedience one was light. Almost an infomercial for their other products.

I also liked clicker training and building drive and focus.

For the money 8 wks to 8 mnths has a lot of info.

·
Registered
325 Posts
To be honest you shouldn’t pay for leerburg videos, as Michelle point out those are more infomercials for all his other products and videos.
If the video was a gift for buying anything else should be ok, but pay $40.00 to watch advertising about his other products or videos... sorry not my cup of tea.
I paid for”Basic Dog Obedience” and “Dealing with Dominant and Aggressive dogs” both second hand from Amazon, paid less than 1/3rd of the original price and still not worth it.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Originally Posted By: Jason LinI don't know about pack structure one but his dvd with Flinks on drive, grip, and focus is pretty good.
John has this one and seemed to have learned a lot from it. I haven't watched it, personally, but John uses the tips with Jerzey every day.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Ed's older videos with the exception of the Flinks videos (drive and focus, preparing your dog for the helper). I know he just came out with a marker training video that shold be pretty good. If Michael Ellis is not in it, all of his methods are because Michael is the reason for their conversion to marker training.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
The thing I really like about the flinks dvds is you get to watch Bernhard Flinks work with dogs (I am impressed by how gentle/positive he is with them). So unlike the more info heavy dvds which are more or less just lectures and therefore have very little rewatchability, these you can go back to again and again and learn from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts