German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking to buy basic obedience and drive and focus video.
i was wondering how good are they seems little pricey but if its worth the money i'm thinking to buy to gain some technique.

would be glad to hear.

thanks

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The basic obedience one is quite good. It is very long, and has lots of information. All techniques are taught in a positive manner, and then distractions and corrections are added once a command is learned. I personally like it. The drive and focus DVD is geared towards Schutzhund foundation work. If you are going to train in SchH, then this DVD is a good start. It will teach you how to build your pups drive. I would strongly suggest to go out and visit a few Schutzhund clubs in your area and have your pup evaluated. If your pup is found suitable to train in SchH then the video is a wise investment.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You can get the same information, at a cheaper price. These DVD's are geared towards novice handlers and do contain some good information. However their price was not worth the information I got after buying three of these training DVDs. I'd rather get the information from someone face to face.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Which Leerburg DVDs are good for building the owner-dog BOND.. withOUT increasing drive in a dog we want as a calm home companion?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Almost any type of training (working with the dog) whould build the owner-dog bond.

I have also been looking at puchasing some of the Leerburg Videos, but have been put off by the price of them. Any suggestions on other videos to look at. I have been training dogs for many years but am always looking to learn more/new things.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I liked the basic obedience and the drive and focus one too. I don't do Schtz but the drive and focus applies well to obedience and agility work. I went to ebay and got them much cheaper.

I would skip the competition obedience video, I thought it was pretty bad. I picked up a couple of things, but the rest of it wasn't worth it.

The videos are very good for learning marker training.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased the basic obedience DVD. I had my 6 Month old GSD Gunnar sent to a 3 day Basic Obiedience class. He did very well and continues to do great while on leash. I decided to continue his training myself. I hope to find the DVD benificial to us both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.