German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I head off to work in the morning and leave both my boys in the dog run for the day. I have heard that you should leave toys and other objects with your dogs to keep them mentally stimulated throughout the day. I have a molecube and a Bustercube for both of them. What do you do with your dogs to keep them stimulated throughout the day? How do you maintain their interest in the same ol toy, should I be switching it up daily? Please comment...

·
Registered
219 Posts
One tip that I picked up from this board was to fill a kong with peanut butter, freeze it, then give it to the dog. The peanut butter will melt slowly and give the dog something to work on. I always drop a few bits of my dogs' food into the soft peanut butter to provide a little something extra. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I actually don't leave mine with anything. They sleep all day. I've confirmed this b/c I stayed home today and that's all they did, they didn't even want to play with me or go out to potty. I guess the training and exercise in the evenings pays off! Also, Coke is an opportunistic chewer. He will not seek out things to destroy, but if something is there he will chew it into a million tiny pieces. I'd rather have him sleeping than possibly eating and choking on his toys. When we are home they have full access to all their toys and bones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts