German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working with Zoe on the leave it command. She is doing great.

We place a treat on the floor and tell her to leave it. She stares intently at it, sometimes even pretends to go for it or swats at the air like there is an invisible barrier holding her back.

The other day I let her in from being outside (we were at my brother in laws house), I threw a cookie down the hallway to get her to go in while I went to the washroom that was just by the door.

When I came out, Zoe was sitting there, staring back at me while the cookie sat a few feet infront of her. I didn't even say leave it to her in the first place.

I was like 'ummm... okay?' and then she ran and pounced on the cookie. What a girl.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
good job lol. my dog would wait until he can't see me then he'd eat it, and then sit there staring at me like I didn't do it!!!! lol. obviously we need work on that haha

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good job lol. my dog would wait until he can't see me then he'd eat it, and then sit there staring at me like I didn't do it!!!! lol. obviously we need work on that haha
lol well thats what surprised me. Usually when we are practicing the trick and I try to walk away so she can't see me, she goes for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts