German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a ton online, but cannot find any in an actual store.

My predicament comes in the fact that I need a leather or cotton lead and slip collar for obedience class on wednesday, and I'm not keen on spending $30-$50 in expedited shipping.

I could grab a leather lead and choke chain at Petco, but I don't like the potential noise distraction.

Does anyone have any ideas on stores ortypes of stores that carry leather slips?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
You may have thought of this already, but could you take a "regular" cotton or leather lead, make a loop out of the handle end and use that for the one class while you wait for one to be mailed to you?
Lightweight nylon cat leashes work pretty well!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I have not seen good ones in stores either. However, I see them all the time at vendors at dog shows. Are there any shows in your area?

Another possibility is using a nylon choke (often advertised as a "mountain rope" choke) or nylon slip lead. Both of these I HAVE found in almost every pet store.

Or like phgsd said, just take your favorite leash and clip it onto itself for a slip lead, or slip the clip end through the handle.

I bought a nice leather slip collar (with a buckle so it can be fit properly, not too loose with extra hanging off) from Bridgeport and even with shipping it was cheaper than the rolled leather collars I've found in stores. And I received it the day after I bought it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts