German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bruce’s current collar is really worn and torn, and Im probably gonna need another one soon…

Im interested in rolled leather, but not sure where I can find good ones outside of Amazon.

Please share any good places y’all know, thank you .
Dog German shepherd dog Carnivore Plant Tree

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally a chance for my mercifully brief but financially tragic obsession with leather collars to pay off.

To my knowledge, the most ridiculously overbuilt (and expensive) leather collar (not rolled though) is this one from Modern Icon in South Carolina. It is rigid enough to work as an agitation collar but the full grain leather interior layer is smooth and supple and doesn’t wear down the fur on my boy, who finds it comfortable and will sleep in it if I don’t take it off. It has a very high-end, mechanically robust quick-release mechanism, and also has an option available to attach a Fi GPS module as well as an engraved ID plate that has enough space for address, rabies tag info, etc. You can also have a large custom name on the collar and a Velcro strip for patches if you like the whole military/LE aesthetic. The 1.5” collar is about right for a male GSD (I think the 2” is too big). This thing is impervious to the elements and is basically indestructible.

For a smaller, lighter, luxury-looking rolled leather collar with quick-release (I really prefer quick-release collars in case of emergencies) you could check out this one from Yup Collars, but they are made in Italy and it will take a while to get to the States. The leather-working is high quality and the whole piece looks great, but the quick-release buckle is a little iffy for a powerful GSD. It’s a good “dress” collar or for wearing inside the house.

If you want a high-end rolled leather collar but quick-release is not important to you, you might check out this collar from Central Kentucky Tack & Leather. All of their leather craftsmanship is top notch, including their leashes as well as their collars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts