German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to start off by saying Molly is very friendly and gets along with all other dogs. I recently bought her a prong collar to help me perfect the heel and to help with her reactions to other dog when on the leash. Today we brought her to the local pet store to size her for a cone (getting spayed on Tuesday) as we were sizing her an other dog came in and there she goes barking and growling. I gave her a quick correction and she qwieted down for a moment then started again the other dog gave it to her back then I gave her an other small pop of the leash. It seemed to have worked but now I am feeling emberrest. We are planning to take her to more ob classes but it starts in March. Any suggestions or tips to get a better handle on this issue

·
Registered
6,271 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I agree, take some classes where she can get used to seeing other dogs. My lab is leash reactive and this was the best thing for him. I used a combo of prong correction and treats and rewards for being quiet and looking at me.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you we did 16 weeks of ob classes when Molly was 16 weeks old she is now 14mths its been awile but it did help alot
I will check out that book

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts