German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
My GSD was about the same weight. What does your vet think? When you say not a good eater what do mean? Does eat every meal and not as much as you think he should or does he skip meals and not eat several in a row? Is he always up for a special treat, like cooked ckicken, mine could have cared less about a regular dog treat and would pass most times.

·
Registered
577 Posts
In general, that seems like a fine weight. He looks healthy and I don't see any symptoms of being underweight. Here's a good weight chart that I usually use as a rough guide. (It's at the bottom of the article)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My GSD was about the same weight. What does your vet think? When you say not a good eater what do mean? Does eat every meal and not as much as you think he should or does he skip meals and not eat several in a row? Is he always up for a special treat, like cooked ckicken, mine could have cared less about a regular dog treat and would pass most times.
Well thanks for ur reply but Leo doesn’t eat as much as he shd n skips about two to three meals per week n I have to keep changing his food as he gets bored very easily every now n then n have to add special treats to his food like boiled chicken my vet says he is a picky eater.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In general, that seems like a fine weight. He looks healthy and I don't see any symptoms of being underweight. Here's a good weight chart that I usually use as a rough guide. (It's at the bottom of the article)
Thank u for ur reply ...when he walks there is a slightly wavy gait maybe his body is more lengthy compared to other dogs that is y he looks skinny to me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
He looks fine he might just be smaller in stature. Nothing wrong with that at all. Very healthy looking dog. As long as he’s not boney on his spine etc he’s fine

·
Registered
314 Posts
My Jupiter is bony and thin. Not much padding at all. You can see his ribs. He's 80 lbs, has a slightly waspish waist, and has a bit of a snake-like motion when he walks. Jupiter is 17 months. He gets 4.5 cups of Nulo a day, plus training treats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts