German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allie has gotten increasingly pushy about the bed. She's always been likely to be found on the bed when I go inside, but she used to move once it was bedtime and I reclaimed the space. Lately she is reluctant to do so. I can make her move over-grudgingly-but it's likely I'll find myself wedged over to a tiny corner of the bed while she sleeps, sprawled out, over the other two thirds. This weekend, after waking up with twisted limbs and aches I realized it was time for firm pack leader decisiveness.

I went to the sleep number store and made a down payment on a larger mattress.

Jelpy and mesquite mafia

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
What you are about to find out is no matter how big the bed, the dog will always find a way to push you to the furthest corner of it ...

:)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I tend to not want to be touched while I am sleeping. Yoko likes to be touching me. So I find myself moving away from her while I am sleeping and wake up and she has most of the bed.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Danke, for whatever reason, dislikes sleeping on the bed.

It's possible that not letting her onto the bed in her first year has something to do with that.

Also, it seems to be too warm for her atop the bed. When invited up, she'll lay at the foot of the bed for 30 minutes or so, but inevitably, hops back down and lays next to the bedroom door.

Given that we have a queen bed, my partner and I appreciate that she's not too keen on joining us.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Woke up this morning to 4 month old puppy in the EXACT center of a California King size bed - with hubby squished against me and me half hanging off the side. Hubby could not reach the other side of the bed without rolling on the dog.

We made pack leader decisions too - I got out of bed, he got out of bed, walked to the other side, and we got back in - leaving pup right in the middle.

Aren't you proud of us?

:rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts