German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the scoop.
Again this year I have blackberry bushes that I'd like to kill. I read a thread about using vinegar to kill weeds, will it make a dent on blackberries? If so do I use it on the vines/leaves, do I cut it back and put it on the stumps, or do I put it in the soil?

Ok question #2

Weed something I can put on the grass that will kill the Dandelions but not the grass? I try to keep my one neighbor very happy (he maintains my front yard the same as his beautiful front yard for $40.00 a month! AND is replacing the fence between us next year and won't take any money from me!!) anyway, I'm sure he doesn't like the fact that I have some Dandelions that go to seed from time to time and come to visit his yard!

Ok, now just an observation: If you find a pile of poop while mowing, do not hang the bag on the side of the lawn mower to transport it back to the trash
not only did I have to pick it up again since the bottom came out of the bag, but I had to pick it up from there, and there and there and...

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
how about just wacking the heads off the dandelions, sort of like playing golf!
better exercise. maybe you can teach the dogs this fun agility game. LOL!

not sure about the blackberries, i think putting the vinegar on the soil around would do the job.

i am concerned about my dead grass where my dogs have peed. i try to rinse it off with my watering can after i see them go, but, i don't have eyes in the back of my head, so i might miss some spots.

debbie

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Originally Posted By: Barb E.
Ok, now just an observation: If you find a pile of poop while mowing, do not hang the bag on the side of the lawn mower to transport it back to the trash
not only did I have to pick it up again since the bottom came out of the bag, but I had to pick it up from there, and there and there and...
Traveling poop. What fun.
I'll file that away in my "things not to do" folder.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Anything green and growing is welcome in my yard.Have learned to do poo pick up before mowing (although mower churned poop may =fertilizer)not well tolerated by me.

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always do poop patrol prior to mowing but we're in the growing season here right now and I swear I can hear it growing as I type this

I'm pretty casual with my yard since I got Dante, but those blackberry bushes will take over in nothing flat if I don't kill them

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I like Ortho Weed Be Gone for the dandies. It won't hurt your grass. Spot shot them and they'll be dead in a few days. If it rains, you'll need to hit them again.

Never tried vinegar on invasive vines but it will kill just about anything. Try cutting it back and pouring a good amount right around the stumps. Or you could dig them out and mail them to ME. Love fresh black berries but they don't grow in my soil.

Sorry about the poop mower, hate it when that happens. Usually its when my nephew mows then it gets rolled around everywhere! Yuck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts