German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forever!!! Lol Nah, you never know. If I can put the addition on the first floor like I want to I may do a 3rd.

Blitzen Vom Haus Ukres, 10 months. The boy is a handful but I'm loving raising him. His ball and tug drive is ridiculous. We are currently working hard on taking the reward and ONLY the reward. It is a work in progress, but it is improving. I need my hands, plus it is rude behavior by the dog. Im not one of those people who subscribes to high drive=tolerating certain behaviors. They know, oh yes they know.

He is very intelligent. Mostly prey drive. Aloof to strangers, but also has an edge over the home/property defense. He can be fresh if allowed. I don't allow.

Lol I sound like an ogre.

He is definitely a good strong dog. He got sized/weighed at the vet this week. 24 inches and just shy of 77lbs. Nice and lean too. He has really nice shoulder and haunch muscle. He is VERY strong even for his size. I can't post him, he has to be back tied lol I don't do bitework with him too frequently. He will bite, he will bark. We mostly work on OB for now. He's got a good focused heel, knows sit, down, stay, recall. Working on the out of motions. He does it if I stop, but having done the true out of motion yet. Don't need to for BH anyway. No reason to not train it now though.

He meets my requirements. Can work, is protective of the home, is FUN, has an offswitch, and is fantastic with my kids.

His older brother got excellent on hips, cleared for LUW, back looks good, and he switches drives nicely.. hoping this repeat litter is in fact a repeat. Looking good.

Here are a series of recent 10 month old pics. Not great quality, blown up cell pics. I need to do a pro photoshoot of my dogs again. Probably my kids too. They are like the shoemakers kids lol

·
Super Moderator
7,261 Posts
Lookin good!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Looks very similar to my female. She’s just getting close to 7months and about 60lbs. Wish we had the good focused heel you’re talking about. Working on it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Yes beautiful boy reminds me he looks like Max when Max was that age but he sable lol ! He als

1 - 7 of 7 Posts