German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is definitely dating me but Lassie Come Home (1943 version) is on TCM tonight. I'm sitting here like I'm 10 again, cheering her on and fretting. (don't even get me started on the Black GSD that just attacked her.) I started watching the tv series Lassie as a child, then onto all the movies. Did anyone else watch all these in the day?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lassie just saved the day, Tessa is loving this too. Della just ignores as usual.

·
Super Moderator
5,971 Posts
Yes I loved the movies and tv shows too.I was obsessed with collies and we finally got a collie puppy when I was 11.He was my constant companion and a great family dog.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I felt like a kid again watching.

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
I used to get up extra early to watch the lassie series on Nickelodeon before school:love:. I remember being in 6th grade it was just a rough year. The snow Lassie helped in many ways. Always had wanted a collie years later my mom surprised the family with a collie pup - Vanessa she lives to be around 13- 14 years old. Passed away in my arms. Right now I would love to feel like a kid again. I hope it comes on again.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I own it on DVD, and other great classics, including Lady and the Tramp, Rascal (Disney movie about a raccoon), The Incredible Journey (first version), and many others. If you have a DVD player, there are many original great movies available on DVD.

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
I watched a good Xmas on demand tcm this night missed out on Lassie. Dvd a good idea. Lady and the tramp another great one reminds me of bella. I played the music from the spaghetti dinner a few weeks back during dinner the kids and I enjoyed that lol!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I wish they still did make shows like Lassie, to me the kids are missing out on simple shows like that, that always had a "message" about something in life plus seeing life and adventures with a dog. A little more real to life and calming/comfortable.
It's nice to think back on those nights of everybody settling in after dinner with those theme songs coming on! Sunday night wonderful world of Disney,other nights Lassie, Andy Griffith Daniel Boone! Guess this dates me too!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Any show that had a dog or a horse in it had me glued to the tv for the duration. lol. Several years ago, I started tracking down and collecting favorite dog/horse movies and tv shows from my childhood. Great to stretch out on a cold, rainy afternoon and watch them over and over again. :)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did anyone watch Davey and Goliath. Claymation, maybe produced by the Lutheran Church.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts