German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Yes it works. It is great for pain relief, healing, decreasing inflammation. We use a class 4 laser as part of our rehab program and have had amazing success with it.

I have used it on my personal dogs and its wonderful. Well worth the cost.

It should not be used if cancer is a concern or envenomation, or near the eyes.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Yes, Rafi took a fall when jumping really high and could barely walk later that evening. I took him into the chiropractor the next morning and he did laser therapy and RAfi walked out of there and jumped into the back of the SUV!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou so much for your replies!! This sounds like it could be a wonferful thing. But can this be a long term pain management option? How long do the benifits of onr treatment last? If how far apary do sessions/ trratments need to be? Sorry for all the questions, I am really excited about this as an option for Zoey but I want to be well informed.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
We generally do a 3 week course. 3 the first week, 2 the second and 1 the third. It tends to last for a few months. With occasional treatments in between. It takes about 24-48 hours to see affects and they build on each other.

It may not take the place of NSAIDS entirely, but we have seen an amazing increase in quality of life with rehab therapy. The laser, combined with underwater treadmill, stretching, strength building exercises can make a huge difference.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Rafi gets acupuncture for long term pain management therapy. He also gets all kinds of herbs and homeopathy (instead of NSAIDs).

·
Registered
32,360 Posts
Yes, Jax had it after her ACL surgery. It made a huge difference in her healing.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I just seen this recently at the vets. We talked about it and he said there is no guarantee it will work, BUT they have seen really good results. It would be something I would do if needed.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
yes, Max had a sore on his hind leg, antibiotics would not cure, after a couple weeks, my vet suggested laser therapy, after 3 treatments, the sore healed up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts