German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, my vet was telling me she was this new laser therapy for hip dysplasia and arthritis . has anyone done this ?
thanks

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Thankfully no, I haven't had to, but my vet is also a chiropractor and I've seen amazing results with the laser therapy. People travel hours and hours from neighboring states for the treatments. I saw a champion Doberman that literally had to be carried into the office because she was virtually paralyzed and within weeks was walking normally.

·
Registered
32,564 Posts
No, but it was brought up for my dog for HD. I asked the vet if it worked and she said that she had tried it on herself for an old neck injury and that it did work for her.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Very eager to hear more on this subject. Just two weeks ago Shep's vet was informing us of this treatment also. Not serious enough for surgery but his arthritis is really giving him a rough time after just an hour of good play and run time.

We will do anything that is safe to make his life better. He is only 3 1/2 and deserves much better than what he has been given.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Oh wow, only 3.5 and like that? :( Thank you for taking good care of him.

I have had the Laser done on my Bella - she's 8.5. She liked it and would hear the timer go off before we could and would switch sides so they could do the other hip. They did her hips and back. I do think I saw improvement - and they also did underwater treadmill at the same time so can't say it was all one or the other.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
What's the price on this kind of treatment?

·
Registered
32,564 Posts
My vet said it was a course of 6 initial treatments for $200 and then $35/mth. I don't know why the 6 treatments first or how often.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I blocked it out of my brain. I get a crazy dog lady discount though. :D
Sheesh, I don't get a discount for being "high maintenance" and "difficult". I think the vet just hikes the prices hoping I'll go away!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts