German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Laos' 2nd underwater treadmill session. He'll be six weeks post op from his TPLO this coming Thursday. He's doing fairly well though we have a little swelling due to a reaction from his internal sutures. He's on antibiotics and we have to keep an eye on that.

Click to watch video:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I dunno if I would ever be able to get Cullen to do that.. he LOVES water, but he wants to jump up and down and splash it everywhere!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Oh, its a lot of rehab work, isn't it?

That was pretty fun though. Working dog goes to the gym.... bark,bark,bark, bark. I can just him opening that door to the pool!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Looked like Laos would much rather have been playing with his tennis ball instead of doing water therapy!

BTW, how long are his sessions? Looks like he's tolerating being confined in the enclosed "pool".

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looked like Laos would much rather have been playing with his tennis ball instead of doing water therapy!

BTW, how long are his sessions? Looks like he's tolerating being confined in the enclosed "pool".
He's tolerating it very well. It was funny today as soon as he saw the treadmill he started barking at it. Like saying "let's go!!".

Right now he's having 10 minute sessions and starting next week, he'll go twice a week.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Wow, now that's something!!
Looks like he is getting the hang of it.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Beau did underwater treadmill work the last couple years of her life. I truely think it helped her stay agile for as long as she was. My Dad did one 15 minute session every week with her.

Laos looks great, as he continues to use the treadmill he will be a pro. Do you plan to continue this when he is "fully healed"? Maybe a once per month thing?

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Laos looks great, as he continues to use the treadmill he will be a pro. Do you plan to continue this when he is "fully healed"? Maybe a once per month thing?
I wouldn't mind Elisabeth that's for sure.. I'll be keeping a careful eye on Laos even after he's been released from care.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Cool to see , glad he is healing up!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Looks exhausting!!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
good job laos! My sisters pap does the underwater treadmill for therapy after patella surgery, needless to say her pap isn't as fond of water as our shepherds LOL

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Just checking in to see how the underwater treadmill sessions are going?

Is Laos still excited about going in?

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Diana,

He had a session today... and yes, he loves it. We did two this week ~ one on Tuesday and one today... he's a little sore right now, but it is helping with muscle building.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts