German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Zima is 13 weeks and is a land shark. We try redirecting her to toys and squeel when she does bite. (Which only stops her for a second). We try squirt bottle but she enjoys the water. And its really starting to hurt when she does bite and is starting to break skin with those sharp baby teeth. So I was wondering if there are any other ideas to get her to stop. We have had her since 4 weeks I know its way to early but long story. And we have been working on this for about 4 weeks and no improvement.

I don't wanna smack her at all when she bites because knowing her she will come back and bite twice as hard.

Any thoughts help thanks:)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Check out the stickys.

I got a pit bull foster pup at 4 weeks. He turned 11 weeks Monday and still had made very little improvement, but it will come.

I personally prefer to always engage them with a toy or food and not to give them the chance to bite. No playing with your hands or petting unless you're treating for calm behavior.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I never play with my hands always with toys but it kinda seems to have gotten worse lately so I wasn't sure of what else I can be doing to cut her back on it until she stops

1 - 3 of 3 Posts