German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I could say with flying colors, but maybe I expect too much. I think she was a little on the shy side and definitely distracted. When we first got there we sat along the side waiting. A man in a wheelchair with his dog passed in front of us and stopped a few chairs away. Lakota let out a bark, not an aggressive bark but a single woof. We have been to tons of classes she never ever did that before, the test was being given in our classroom. We haven't been to class since right before Thanksgiving. The evaluator came up to us and said if you were taking the TDI you would have been asked to leave, go take her for a walk. She said the other dog was starring at Lakota. When the test began, the evaluator didn't give me a chance to give her my brush and used the strange brush, she did let Lakota sniff it that was ok. Then she went for the feet while Lakota was standing, in a sit she'd gladly give her paws, she was ok but I did notice her start to wiggle. Loose lead walking was good because I went counter clockwise and started turning into her before she thought about pulling. When I asked her to down she was too slow I thought she wouldn't do it but she finally did. I try to get a "quick down" at home with all 3 dogs figuring she'll get it but nope. You can feel the breeze from the other 2 dogs and she'll just be sitting there like, "oh, you want me to what, well I don't really feel like it, but alright if I have to". I make her down for dinner and such and always the same, slow poke motion. The look on her face sometimes is she knows the command but acts like she's thinking about it. If we are doing a little training routine in the livingroom she does it "promptly" take it out of context and she is slow. She did fine with sit, stay & recall and we didn't use a long line, I only had my 5' lead. Walking thru crowd & greeting a friendly stranger was good except she doesn't like the top of her head patted and she tends to pin her ears down. For the separation I went into the adjacent store and watched from the window, she didn't fuss at all.
We concluded that because she is probably going into heat any day now, she'll be a year old on the 13th, she was a little off.
I have to admit I've been slacking. I plan on going back to classes the 29th.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Congrats! Great job to you & Lakota. :D

I will really feel like I've accomplished my goals when my pup acts like he passed the CGC in public in all situations. :) For now, he's 9 months and we're still working on it, though in the classroom setting he did great.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Congratulations to both of you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts