German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! So I’m new here and have a question. My female is pregnant and by my calculation she was due the 8th. She has had milk for over a week and has been panting a lot the last two days. She needs to be right by me all the time and has a temp of 99.3. This morning it was 99.9. She’s not nesting other than moving a blanket once or twice and didn’t finish all her lunch. I am a first time puppy mom and am looking for advice on what I should be looking for

thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect you will have pups tonight. Do you have a vet?
Yes we do, we have a neighbor who owns a vet on call. I can feel the pups and have been able to for a about a week now. Is it normal to not nest? It’s her first litter so I’m watching closely and have a welping kit ready to help if needed.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
It's not uncommon for bitches not to nest. But you watching her closely won't help or solve anything. In my experience bitches have pups the second you are distracted or need to do something else. Or at 4am. Relax, let her relax and keep the vets number handy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank
It's not uncommon for bitches not to nest. But you watching her closely won't help or solve anything. In my experience bitches have pups the second you are distracted or need to do something else. Or at 4am. Relax, let her relax and keep the vets number handy.
thank you! I figured it was a whole “watched pot never boils” situation!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Scissors should be desinfected and the rest of the stuff as well.. with that said.. I had a rescue that delivered a litter of 7 all on her own..

·
Registered
176 Posts
She looked at me and I got the point.. she didn’t want my help. All of her puppies were adopted and she was as well after being spayed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts