German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cint is still at the shelter....I called the shelter this evening 5/13 at 9:30 est and he is still there. PLease if anyone knows someone who can take this old guy.

Impound: A942039 North Central phone:(213)485-8855 or 5767
When Krista told me that this sweet senior was redlisted and was due to be euth at any moment [I can't bring myself to look at the redlist] it broke my heart.

So I decided to take Cint out for a "last walk" so that the last memory he had before euth was not of the concrete walls of his cage, the sight of indifferent people walking past him as though he were invisible.....

Oh how different it must have been when he was younger... this stunning, amazingly beautiful white Shepherd, what a sight he must have been in his day. But his day has come and gone. Now he stands, abandoned by all those he was so devoted to, his coat dirty and unbrushed, his eyes not as clear as they once were, his bones not as strong.

But his nobel heart and heritage are the same, his love and devotion is just as strong, his desire to obey and to please, that trait, so heartbreaking to see in abandoned Shepherds, of everlasting loyalty and honor.

He melted with joy when we took him out and Krista stroked his head gently. But too quickly we had to take him back to his cage and leave him, perhaps the last time we will ever see his face again.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Re: LA,CA-CINT,12 Y MALE....LAST WALK.......

Do we know why he was red listed? I can transport anywhere in Northern California...just pm me if needed.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<span style='font-size: 17pt'> <span style='font-family: Arial'>Better pictures listed below of this sweet old gent.</span></span>

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say he is "red listed" meaning on the list to die...because of his age, condition and the fact that there are like a gazillion other dogs at this shelter....

(btw-I did see other gsd's on their list)

·
Super Moderator
6,286 Posts

(these are a little better, is it possible to edit these into the first post?)

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

You weren't kidding, I just went to their website and there are a TON of dogs. Sadly many are older dogs. My offer still stands for help with transport here in Northern CA.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts

Originally Posted By: shilohsmomYou weren't kidding, I just went to their website and there are a TON of dogs. Sadly many are older dogs. My offer still stands for help with transport here in Northern CA.
Ya know how sometimes some people try to make you feel like you are crazy for saying there are too many good animals for too few good homes? This is one of those shelters that makes me feel less crazy, but much, much more sad. There are lots of those.

·
Super Moderator
6,286 Posts

not to mention there are 5 gsd rescues in so cal and can still barely put a dent in the shelter system.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

oh f*ck. i should not read these posts anymore? anyone? is westside aware of this boy?
Originally Posted By: Camerafodder(these are a little better, is it possible to edit these into the first post?)

·
Banned
1,829 Posts

This is just a crime! This poor senior.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts

I read this in a crosspost. I hope one of them works out! Please continue to keep an eye on him!

Date: May 14, 2008 2:21 PM

There are currently (2) holds from rescues on him. Also Mrs. Trejo has been contacted, and is watching him as well.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

OK, everyone, calm down! There is a rescue in Illinois who might takehim, but are not sure about transport. Otherwise, WHITE PAWS has a volunteer who just happens to be flying to LA, CA and who also has a friend here who will pay for Clint's fee with the airline to come back to WI. We have a lot of senior-friendly volunteers and we are all concerned about this guy. Keep your paws crossed that everything works out and thanks to VANESSA for making it happen!

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

Ok, fingers and paws are all crossed. If anything were to go wrong I could drive as far south as Bakersfield which is at least 350 miles from me and then transport anywhere in Northern California all the way up to the Oregon boarder. That covers most of California. Please PM if my help is needed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts