German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
I believe soccermom's daughter was posting on her account in defense of her mother.

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
Who is your breeder? Do they have a website?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Who is your breeder? Do they have a website?
I'm curious as well, you mentioned her being from good lines, but I must admit the faded pigment throws me off quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I am a certified Animal Care Technician, currently employed at a local animal hospital and worked at a humane society for four years. I have seen the results of careless breeding first hand, and watched beautiful dogs die on the table or are euthanized shortly after from genetic conditions that came directly from bad breeding.

I have also seen up to 20 animals A DAY be euthanized at the humane society - so I implore you, PLEASE leave the dog breeding to the professionals. If you want another dog like your beloved girl, ask the breeder for another from the same sire and dam.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I am a certified Animal Care Technician, currently employed at a local animal hospital and worked at a humane society for four years. I have seen the results of careless breeding first hand, and watched beautiful dogs die on the table or are euthanized shortly after from genetic conditions that came directly from bad breeding.

I have also seen up to 20 animals A DAY be euthanized at the humane society - so I implore you, PLEASE leave the dog breeding to the professionals. If you want another dog like your beloved girl, ask the breeder for another from the same sire and dam.
Thank you for your post, as sad as it is, but a sad reality.

My brother's friend had to have their 2 year old GSD euthanized because of SEVERE HD. A 2 year old dog???:(

·
Banned
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations! You are now the epitome of a BYB.
Loving your dog is not a free pass to breed them.
Come on lady, I'm 17 freakin' years old and I know better than that.
You may love the breed. Heck, I love the breed. But that doesn't mean I want to breed the heck out of my future pup.

Spay your dog.

I really thought this would be a great place to talk to other GSD owners who love their dogs as much as we love ours! But, I was so wrong, everyone has an opinion that's great and now we are being labeled as BYB. And for some people to say we dont love the GSD breed really has no idea how much we do! Maybe some people should take a class on how to talk to people! Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Not being bullheaded! Will not be a BYB! Maybe the baby momma was not a good intro to oursleves, to the forum. Fine, we will take the blame for that! We havea sense of humor, maybe some people dont! We have received feedback and have posted back, maybe that was wrong too! Some things said have been harsh some not so much. I know everyone here wants to have the best GSD's out there! Like I have stated before everyone has opinions and we do also! But, for some to think we dont care about the breed or love the breed just amazes me! I love looking and the different colors of the breed and seeing all the members dogs! Its great, I do think there are trolls out there who just like to pick and be cruel just like in everyday life! The facts are no one knows us, and for people to judge or label still just makes me wonder what they do for a living! I do take everything that is said to heart, maybe that's just me! Thank you for your opinions!
The only thing that people are judging from is the content from your previous posts. So far you have said absolutley nothing about what your dog is bringing to the breed, what your plans are as a breeder, and what you plan on doing with your bitch to prove that she is going to improve the GSD breed and maintain the standard. If she can't do that, then you are a BYB. And to say that people are degrading your family is crazy. Nobody mentioned a word about your family.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im sorry for being bull headed! I did/and I do want help and advise on breeding my girl! If anyone would be willing to advise or help I'm asking please for advise and help, again I'm sorry!

·
5,627 Posts
Im sorry for being bull headed! I did/and I do want help and advise on breeding my girl! If anyone would be willing to advise or help I'm asking please for advise and help, again I'm sorry!
Our advice was given. You didn't like it. The advice is don't breed her, she isn't breed worthy. Breeding for a fault (whites or light pigment) like your breeder is doing really narrows the gene pool and usually is done at the sacrifice of much more important things such as temperament and workability.

If you ignore our advice (as I suspect you will) at least do health checks and demand the same of the stud. Please carefully evaluated your dog's (and the stud's) temperament and if there are any signs of fear or agression PLEASE don't breed them as this is passed on to their offspring and creates a whole new generation of unstable dogs.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
From the breeder website:

Full Registration: This puppy is purchased with full AKC registration. Within two (2) years from date of purchase, should your puppy develop hip dysplasia or any genetic skeletal disorder, upon receipt of (1) a letter from a duly licensed veterinarian attesting to such condition (copies of x-rays may be required), (2) a copy of the O.F.A. evaluation report, (3) a spay or neuter certificate and (4) the AKC registration certificate on such puppy, you will receive a replacement puppy of equal or greater value from our next available litter. Exclusion: There are NO guarantees on a female puppy once she has been successfully bred. By signing of this contract, you agree that a female puppy will be adult before breeding and that you will only be breed once a year to promote her health and the health and quality of her offspring. By signing of this contract you also attest that you are not a puppy mill or puppy broker and that both females and males will be kept in good health and in a clean environment.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts