German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="color: #6633FF">Küry June 9th, 2007 to March 17th 2009</span>

Shock, horror and dis-belief...............

I've known for some time that something wasn't quite right with him. He swaggered at times, never ran much. He was nine months old, only nine months old for goodness sakes.

This morning we took him to be x-rayed. Sunday afternoon he had been in the backyard helping me do doggie duties, playing when I heard him yelp, when I looked up he was scarmbling towards me. Checked him over, saw him limping a bit. Ironically we had decided last week to have him checked out because of the swagger. Monday he was still limping, called our vet she prescribed some pain meds and scheduled him for x-rays this morning. Big discussion about his hips, swagger etc. I said to her, I think he has Hip Dysplasia and she argued with that, said some other things, lets check it out.

We left the vets office after he was under for x-rays this morning and when we got home she had called back already and left a message. Please call right away. Considering Küry's allergies we feared the anethesia.....

He had the worst case of Hip Dysplasia they have ever seen to include elderly dogs. Not even in vet school...........His legs were not in the sockets, one bone part was missing from the one leg and where the ball attaches into the hip was all but non excistant. He could not have a transplant, would of needed one for each hip, no place to put the implants. Sunday he had torn one of the ligaments off of the head that holds the leg in place!

Why??????? How did he even walk? He has been this way since he was born, (did he suffer all this while then and hide the pain) hard to understand. We are so shocky right now, I'm at a loss for words. Don't know what to do with myself so thought I would post and let you all know.

Küry, my love we will never forget you. You should be here now not gone. Chloe my lovey take Küry, my baby boy under your wings girl and may the both of you and all of the others fly like the wind.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I do not even know that to say... this story brings tears to my eyes. It was too soon, he was too young. My prayers are with you and your family.

RIP Küry, I know you will be missed.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wow...I second Jerzey...I don't know what to say...as if there was anything to say that would make you feel better.

God Bless.

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Try to take peace in the fact that he knew love, care and compassion in his short life.

Küry

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
OMG that story is horrible
I am so sorry for your loss.

I have no words just I'm sorry

·
Registered
801 Posts
I am so so sorry to hear about Kury. I can't believe this... It is so gut wrenching when they are dealt a bum rap so incredibly early in life. It was just the other day that we were discussing our boys' barking. Little did we know... I can empathize about your situation. Wolfie has stage 3 chronic kidney failure which basically means that he will have a very short life and he is very close in age to Kury. I asked myself the same question (why him) when he got diagnosed. But your case is harder to deal with because it sounds like there really wasn't much time to say goodbye properly. And I think that does make a difference. Please know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
I am so so sorry. Life was not fair to you and Küry. But Küry was loved and cherished no matter how short his life was. I am sure you are in shock I would be also to lose one so young.

Run Küry, Run Küry. RIP sweet boy.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Oh my gosh I am soooo sorry!!! At least he had you to love him for his short life.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I am sooooo sorry ! I don't know what to say. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts
So very sad - you have my sympathies......it is horrible to lose them at any age - he had to be a very special boy that was needed at the bridge so young.

Kury

Lee

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Lisa, I am so very sorry for your loss. What a loved dog Küry was. Your love for him made him feel so special each and every day. Rest in peace, sweet boy Küry.

·
Super Moderator
32,133 Posts
I am SO sorry. I remember the wonderful pictures of him with his kitties - he seemed like such a sweet boy, and he was so beautiful. Reminds me of our sweet Dena, who we lost in October.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
I am so sorry that you lost your sweet boy. I have lost a dog very young and I know how deep that pain is. I hope you will take comfort in the memories of the short time you shared together. He was well loved and he is no longer suffering.

Take good care!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I'm so sorry for you and your family.
Words fail me, I honestly don't know what to say. Nine months is so very young.

Reading about his hip problems, it's obvious that Küry had the heart of a lion!!! I'm very thankful he had you and your family to love him and give him the best life anyone could offer a puppy.
Rest in Peace dear Küry. May you run, leap, and play at the Bridge.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you ALL so very much for your kind words. We have cried off and on all day. He was deeply and profoundly loved every day of his life. He does not suffer tonight. I will always remember him and cherish the days I did have with him. It feels as if I've lost a child.

Here are 3 of the last pics I took of him ( and so glad that we took many) He was quite the boy and a lion and a lamb.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What a gorgeous pup. Kury was so lucky to have a furparent like you. He's running painfree now. Hope he saw Poohbear and started romping with her. I know that feeling of losing that child. Poohbear was her. Will keep you and your clan in my prayers.

Rest peacefully Kuri.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Life is so unfair. I'm glad Kuryakyn had her dear, loving family (including kitties) for her short life.
What a beautiful dog - run free and fast with no pain, little one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts