German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious for a friend of mine and a good reference to know for the future. Does anyone know of any kong recipes for an allergy dog? I know yogurt, but that has to be frozen the night before. Any other good suggestions. Also the best way to clean them out. I have heard the bottle brushes do a good job.
Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
You know what I do sometimes, with my Kong, is plug the whole with peanut butter and soak about 1/4 cup of Charlie's kibble in water. I'll spoon the kibble into the opening and then when the Kong is full of kibble, I'll pour the soaking water over it and freeze it. This freezes nice and hard and takes Charlie a while to go through, and if the dog can eat the kibble, he can eat this.

Oh wait. You want stuff that doesn't have to be frozen - hmmm. Sorry! Charlie goes through the Kong in like 5 minutes if I don't freeze it.

Here are some things I've stuffed my Kongs with:

Celery and peanut butter
Yogurt (Charlie always gets a yogurt/kibble Kong with a portion of his breakfast kibble)
Mashed bananas
veggies (carrots/spinach/celery)
cottage cheese

Charlie's favorite is a mix of kibble (always a portion of what he would have eaten at mealtime), yogurt, banana, and a bit of peanut butter.

Really, anything the dog can eat can go in the Kong. What is the dog allergic to?

To clean them out, I'll just soak them in water - my pinky finger can fit in the small hole at the bottom so I can get everything out that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts