German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
You can get the same lines or better for much more reasonable prices. Seriously, $7500 for a puppy? Absolutely ludicrous.

·
Registered
27,365 Posts
I know of someone who is getting a puppy from them and I believe training(protection) is included in the price, up to ten grand! Ludicrous is right, IMO...these people must have money to burn and no time to train a pup themselves.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Yikes!!!

4 litters on the ground, 4 or 5 more confirmed pregnants and how many more planned. One HECk of a big breeding operation.

Companion prices start at $2000
Super potential pups are up to $7500

But, they have the health certs and are titling and showing dogs. The bloodlines seem nice. If you want to spend that kind of money go for it but as Jackie said those bloodlines are out there for a bit less $$.

If I want West German showlines out here I will go see Waldhimmel or Theishof.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Originally Posted By: onyx'girlI know of someone who is getting a puppy from them and I believe training(protection) is included in the price, up to ten grand! Ludicrous is right, IMO...these people must have money to burn and no time to train a pup themselves.
Protection training for a puppy???

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
So they have titled dogs, big whoop. I want to know how many THEY titled THEMSELVES, not counting dogs that were mailed to Germany to barely scrape by or have a title bought under the table. It happens. Now if they are titling their own produced dogs themselves (not paying someone else to do it or mailing them to Germany), then that does put them ahead of a lot of showline breeders, and though the price still isn't worth it IMO, it's something to consider.

"Special Order super show quality" puppies. So where do they keep a crystal ball? How can anyone tell if an 8-10 week old pup is going to be Super Special Secret Surprise Spectacular? No one can predict, out of a litter of 8 week old GSDs, which will grow up with hip dysplasia, elbow DJD, EPI, allergies, deformities, temperament issues, etc. Not even the best of the best can call it 100%. A puppy is a puppy is a puppy unless there are OBVIOUS problems where there is a clear disqualification or clear temperament differences. Many people purchase dogs 12-24 months for the very question of health and temperament- pups are just too risky of an investment.

"It is scientifically known that if all dog's were bred to this high standard, it would reduce the chance of hip dysplasia immensely."

If it were, we would not have hip dysplasia in the breed period. You can breed an OFA excellent to an OFA excellent and end up with the worst hips you've ever seen in the majority of the litter. Dysplasia is, unfortunately, not a condition controlled by just one simple gene.

If you have the money and they are knowledgeable and have a good warranty and can provide the best match possible, then by all means, nothing here is really "bad," it's just that you can go to the smaller hobby breeders for less and end up with just as good a pup.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Hey Diana.... how much postage to mail a dog to Germany?????

I want to spend my bucks on SSSSS pups! (Super Special Secret Surprise Spectacular) especially if the postage to Germany is cheap! JUST KIDDING! (lighten up a bit......)

·
Registered
27,365 Posts
Originally Posted By: Castlemaid
Originally Posted By: onyx'girlI know of someone who is getting a puppy from them and I believe training(protection) is included in the price, up to ten grand! Ludicrous is right, IMO...these people must have money to burn and no time to train a pup themselves.
Protection training for a puppy???
I think this is training done, hopefully when the pup matures. The person I know that is getting said pup lives 45 min south of the kennel. I still think these are "ludicrous" and can't wrap my head around their prices.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
And beer!!!!!! Don't forget the beer!!!!!

I lived in Germany for 5 years and I love the Schnitzel and beer.

Is Kolenda the best, I doubt it. But I don't think they are the worst either. Would I buy from them? Nope!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
We were going to, but decided not to. I didn't like the looks of their dogs.

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Originally Posted By: NatNo kidding.

Seriously... 7K+ for a PUPPY? For a little furball?
Out of my price range, but what I'm willing to pay some folks think I'm crazy!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yeah, I don't think some would pay for Apollo the amount we did. (Wasn't 7k though, not even close)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.