German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my boy a fresh cow knuckle bone. He absolutely loved it, chewed on it for a couple of hours straight and looked like he was in puppy heaven. The problem is when he poops he will give a awful cry :cry: :eek: :cry: When I went to examine the poop I could see very small pieces of bone in the poop. I guess the bones fragments were scratching his little booty, no blood or anything. (poor guy) :( I ended up tossing the knuckle bone away. I felt bad throwing it away because he loved it so much. I have a fresh femur bone I want to give him but I am concerned it will do the same. What do you guys and gals think? Will I ever be able to give him knuckles again? The reason I want to give him knuckles is because he seemed to enjoy grinding off the rounded smooth part. Will he be able to handle it when he gets older? He is almost 6 months.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Do not give too much bone at one feeding. It will easily constipate a dog - especially a pup. Give for 10-15mins, take away, feed after a day or so. Find his limit and work it in slowly.

Also - soak his dry food. Will help keep stools a little softer/regular especially when bone is worked in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts