German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched over to adult food. Kirkland got a great score for food.

I like it due to the price at $26 for 40lbs and the high rating. The price to premium factor are reasons why i picked this brand.

However if i move to TX there is no Costco near where Ill be living. So anyone know who makes the food under a different branded name? Or another option is mass storage. I have no problem buying $300 worth of food for a few months. Whats the best way to store food for long periods of time?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I think it is great food for the price and absolutely blows away any grocery store brand. I hear 4health is decent food too which is bought at Tractor Supply so maybe when you move you'll have one of those nearby?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill be down near South Padre Island for 2-3 years. Then Seatle after (plenty of costcos).

I checked and costco is 4hrs away from where I be living. If i can find another great deal like tractor supply I can do that. Or drive 4hrs every two months to costco and buy in bulk $300 worth.. I just hear switching dog food all the time is a bad thing?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I just like to have a plan before hand. I just want to make sure I raise him right, mentaly, health, and socially (he may even get his own facebook page! Haha)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Switching if done right on a dog with no GI or allergy issues isn't bad....just do the switch slow and expect some loose stool:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I recently switched over to adult food. Kirkland got a great score for food.

I like it due to the price at $26 for 40lbs and the high rating. The price to premium factor are reasons why i picked this brand.

However if i move to TX there is no Costco near where Ill be living. So anyone know who makes the food under a different branded name? Or another option is mass storage. I have no problem buying $300 worth of food for a few months. Whats the best way to store food for long periods of time?
I believe that Kirkland dog food is made by Diamond, and packaged for Costco:

Dog & Cat Food | Diamond Pet Foods

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
The 4Health is also made by Diamond and packaged for Tractor Supply, so it just might be the same formula as the Kirkland.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts