German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
litter of 12. #12 didnt make it - #11 was born 9 hrs after contractions started. He's a little fighter for sure.

Just now noticed he has a kink in his tail -- anyone have experience with this?

thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
not an expert, but may be tail bone broken?? I have a cat that I fostered since birth, she has a kink at the very tip of her tail, it's basically the bone that was somehow broke and out of kilter..she was born this way also

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
looks like it may have been broken in the womb sometime (possibly during birth) but it could also be a deformity as well. Does it seem to hurt the pup?

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
not an expert, but may be tail bone broken?? I have a cat that I fostered since birth, she has a kink at the very tip of her tail, it's basically the bone that was somehow broke and out of kilter..she was born this way also
Aren't some cats genetically tail-kinked? I think the siamese line sometimes is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not at all ,... fat and happy :)

but have been reading things on the net about spine and heart troubles - wasn't sure if anyone here had experienced this with a GSD

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Jane very well could be, because this one I have is out of a feral colony, there were relatives of hers, that are still living feral, and a couple ALSO have that kink or whatever it is in their tails as well

·
Registered
686 Posts
not at all ,... fat and happy :)

but have been reading things on the net about spine and heart troubles - wasn't sure if anyone here had experienced this with a GSD

My female Kai (rest in peace my sweet girl) had a kink in her tail and she did have a heart condition.
If I knew how to post pictures here I would post some. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would swear that the kink wasn't there earlier today BUT I am 3 days sleep deprived waiting on this litter,...so I very easily could have missed it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts