German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
I don't know I think you can do it. A lot of time they have dogs bred for pets and dogs bred just for eating. Kind of like breeding rats and mice for pets but also for snake snacks. Or having meat and pet rabbits. There are lots of people who breed animals for food, but also have favored ones they wouldn't eat.
I suppose.
It all kind of depends on where you're raised as far as what is food and what is not.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
the other videos on that channel are soo out there....propaganda yet disturbing with their mind-set.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The training, etc, seems a bit odd to me. I've never seen military dogs looking so out of control on leash before. And they seem to be using cardboard dummies with pictures of foreign leaders they don't like in lieu of a real guy for bite work. Strange.

The dogs themselves are nice looking and seem well-built, etc. I too wonder about their lineage, in a good way. And they do seem fast, agile, etc. The techniques used to display their abilities and training just strike me as odd, is all.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
"And they seem to be using cardboard dummies with pictures of foreign leaders they don't like in lieu of a real guy for bite work. Strange."

My guess is, the whole picture tacked onto the dummy thing was just for the purpose of this video as an intimidation thing or to send a message to whoever's (shows you how much I know about politics) face that was.

I did notice that the dogs are biting the face and places that I don't think they train dogs traditionally to bite. But it wasn't a real person so I don't know how that would transfer.

The energy of the dogs does seem a little freaky to me but then again I don't know how much that's video editing or the way they shot it.

I suppose this was meant to be scary. It kind of is

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Kim Jong-un promotes dangogi as "superfood"...I'm guessing the dogs in their military training programs have an extra incentive to make the grade.......

SuperG

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I wonder if these were the german shepherds -he supposedly fed his uncle to. How true a story was it? I have no clue.
I believe that story might have been a bit embellished....supposedly that story had the dogs described as Manchurian hunting dogs....but if it were true....it would be a bit ironic.......

SuperG

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
I believe that story might have been a bit embellished....supposedly that story had the dogs described as Manchurian hunting dogs....but if it were true....it would be a bit ironic.......

SuperG

Yes I had heard it may have been a story told a little tall but yes if true ironic indeed!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
The interesting thing is how those dogs approach the target to bite it. They charge it jump on to it but are not committed to a target to bite. If you watch closely they sniff around find a spot and tear at it. I'm pretty sure many of these dogs will not bite a man in suit giving any kind of resistance. They sniff around and tear at the suit like they are looking for hidden meat to eat and they cut away before the dog reveals this.

A properly trained dog would not need the incentive. Show line shepherds rarely bite static decoy targets well. The genetics are usually not there for it. If the dogs could fight men they would show it. They don't because they probably do not have the dogs or the training skill to make this happen. The program is a sham.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I Imagine these dogs ate not trained to bite/attach to an arm or leg. I would say they are trained to kill. Throat, groin, anywhere you can be permanently maimed... ears, eyes, nose, just sayin... lol The video may have been sped but if you shoot at low angles from that approach degree it just looks faster. The training didn't seem odd to me from their prespective, its what i'd expect..

·
Super Moderator
18,673 Posts
Make sure this thread does not become political, please.

Thank you,

ADMIN Lisa

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
They don't look like working lines. They look like show lines.
They do really look like show lines to me as well. I can't watch the video, but the dog in the still looks pretty darn red to me - I'm very curious about where these dogs came from and what kind of/how many IPO titles are back there before the dogs made it to N. Korea (and how far back said IPO titles are).

·
Registered
491 Posts
That second video is hard to watch. I don't know who deserves to be shot more. The idiot rambling on with his finger on the trigger or the reporter standing in front of him with the pistol pointed at him. SMH
Dang!! Just basic firearm safety is thrown to the wind! If somebody is yelling at me and waiving a pistol with a finger on the trigger its already too late to get nervous. They either have the film sped up or those dogs were on amphetamines too.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Yet my comment was removed about wondering what happens to dogs that wash out of their training program. Since the Koreans eat dog meat and the area is a major exporter of dogs for slaughter to China. Nothing political about this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The interesting thing is how those dogs approach the target to bite it. They charge it jump on to it but are not committed to a target to bite. If you watch closely they sniff around find a spot and tear at it. I'm pretty sure many of these dogs will not bite a man in suit giving any kind of resistance. They sniff around and tear at the suit like they are looking for hidden meat to eat and they cut away before the dog reveals this.

A properly trained dog would not need the incentive. Show line shepherds rarely bite static decoy targets well. The genetics are usually not there for it. If the dogs could fight men they would show it. They don't because they probably do not have the dogs or the training skill to make this happen. The program is a sham.
Agreed.

You can see that the dog is treating the target as an object and not as if it were a real person.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I Imagine these dogs ate not trained to bite/attach to an arm or leg. I would say they are trained to kill. Throat, groin, anywhere you can be permanently maimed... ears, eyes, nose, just sayin... lol The video may have been sped but if you shoot at low angles from that approach degree it just looks faster. The training didn't seem odd to me from their prespective, its what i'd expect..
I have seen spetsnaz trained attack dogs that go for the face and throat. The decoys had special equipment to target them there and fought the dogs while they were doing it. What you are seeing in that video are dogs I would confidently say could be run and are unfit for real work. They are uncommitted to the attack under zero pressure they will fail when it is game on.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have seen spetsnaz trained attack dogs that go for the face and throat. The decoys had special equipment to target them there and fought the dogs while they were doing it. What you are seeing in that video are dogs I would confidently say could be run and are unfit for real work. They are uncommitted to the attack under zero pressure they will fail when it is game on.
I guess what I was trying to say (its an opinion, as I know nothing of PP, and my GSD is a Pet) those dogs are not trained as per typical. Dont even really know how to elaborate, my first comment was moderator edited and I just really dont want to get in to it.

I did notice how they sent the dogs to attack in packs? is that normal or something done regularly?

I will say I'm not impressed and feel bad for the dogs.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I think the reason real working lines GSDs are not used in Korea by Kim Jong Un is because this is all about propaganda. Show lines, in this case , West German showlines- because of the lineage of titiled schutzhunds- are used becauase these showline dogs are easily recognized by the general public as German Shepherds. Most people that see a dark or sable GSD don't recognize it as a GSD.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.