Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013-09-12-BZSSR (1).jpg
They don't look like working lines. They look like show lines.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
They look like they are all the same lineage from generations of their own breedings? How many dogs I wonder were imported to N. Korea? Or smuggled in?

I'd like to see individual vids of the training...it would be interesting. The body/structure and coat length isn't the showline norm...more like the older working lines of generations years ago. I am probably wrong however and would love to be corrected!

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
That second video is hard to watch. I don't know who deserves to be shot more. The idiot rambling on with his finger on the trigger or the reporter standing in front of him with the pistol pointed at him. SMH

·
Registered
31,836 Posts
MODERATOR REMINDER:

If this thread veers into politics it will be closed and removed.
Can you explain why?

It was my understanding that politics that are concerning dogs and dog-issues are allowed.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
MODERATOR REMINDER:

If this thread veers into politics it will be closed and removed.
Can you explain why?

It was my understanding that politics that are concerning dogs and dog-issues are allowed.
The concern is that if the responses veer into discussing the current issues with this country then it will be closed. Discussing the dogs is fine.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Yeah CD Woodcox you're not kidding--- waving that gun at the reporter and it even looked like his hand tightened up while he was gesturing, yikes.

These dogs do look like the older pics I've seen on here on the historical thread. Be really cool if the people on here who know about pedigrees could know what the pedigree is on those dogs. Wouldn't it be cool if there were something awesome preserved that we didn't know about! Like a time capsule of GSD from awhile ago.

I couldn't tell if it was some kind of editing or effect of the video or if the dogs seemed...freakishly fast or something. Does anyone know what I mean?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah CD Woodcox you're not kidding--- waving that gun at the reporter and it even looked like his hand tightened up while he was gesturing, yikes.

These dogs do look like the older pics I've seen on here on the historical thread. Be really cool if the people on here who know about pedigrees could know what the pedigree is on those dogs. Wouldn't it be cool if there were something awesome preserved that we didn't know about! Like a time capsule of GSD from awhile ago.

I couldn't tell if it was some kind of editing or effect of the video or if the dogs seemed...freakishly fast or something. Does anyone know what I mean?
I think the speed of the dogs was just from the way all of the videos were shot. Could have also been camera quality and such. They looked fast, but fast as in dogs are faster than people, nothing out of the ordinary. Very athletic for sure.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts

Made me wonder what supplements they are giving, and what diet they feed.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
I read also that Kim Jong un imported a lot of high profile pedigree dogs. Not just German Shepherds but all kinds. Kind of one of his passion they said. I don't know if these dogs have anything to do with that just a side note.
Who would have thought a German Shepherd site would have me studying North Korea.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
They looked like awesome GSD's to me... Although, someone needs to explain gun safety to some of these soldiers, lol... Dogs looked focused and driven, especially amongst the chaos they were run through.. Basically, what a GSD should be able to do, imho

·
Registered
590 Posts
I read also that Kim Jong un imported a lot of high profile pedigree dogs. Not just German Shepherds but all kinds. Kind of one of his passion they said. I don't know if these dogs have anything to do with that just a side note.
Who would have thought a German Shepherd site would have me studying North Korea.
I just read this but decided not to post it a link. Apparently they have a whole bunch of purebred dogs in a zoo along with 'regular' zoo animals.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
I just read this but decided not to post it a link. Apparently they have a whole bunch of purebred dogs in a zoo along with 'regular' zoo animals.
Yeah, the article I read said that they import all of these pedigreed dogs. Fly in top vets, fancy shampoos, and dog food. But says ironically they also love a good bowl of dog soup. LMAO. How can you be a dog lover and then eat fido for dinner.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah, the article I read said that they import all of these pedigreed dogs. Fly in top vets, fancy shampoos, and dog food. But says ironically they also love a good bowl of dog soup. LMAO. How can you be a dog lover and then eat fido for dinner.
I don't know I think you can do it. A lot of time they have dogs bred for pets and dogs bred just for eating. Kind of like breeding rats and mice for pets but also for snake snacks. Or having meat and pet rabbits. There are lots of people who breed animals for food, but also have favored ones they wouldn't eat.

-It's just a mindset and how you view certain animals. It is also common in China and I'm sure quite a few other countries.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.