German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the arrival of summer weather I have been debating getting a kiddie pool for the pups. I was wondering if anyone else has a pool for their dog and is it worth getting a pool?

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Delgado loves his pool, he "fishes" his toys and splashes around in it. I just got him a cheap large plastic kiddid pool and it works great

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Stella has her own little kiddie pool. The seems to like digging in it (don't know for what). We also have an inground pool that she has been in, but I think she likes her feet to feel the ground. With temps in the 90's today, I will be filling up her little pool for sure.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My boy digs in mine too. I just thought he was trying to get the little fishies that are painted on the bottom. :)

Stella has her own little kiddie pool. The seems to like digging in it (don't know for what). We also have an inground pool that she has been in, but I think she likes her feet to feel the ground. With temps in the 90's today, I will be filling up her little pool for sure.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Wow, your dog lets you take pictures when they are in a fun environment?! Look so lined up too.

I'm going to get one when I move into my new place in a month.

haha this was about an hour after running around so they were pretty mellow by this time. i have many pics of them running away from me and fighting before this one

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I have two, we got them for free and are getting a third (a pink one for ME). Mine love them, though the water gets dirty fast.

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Just be sure to follow Safe Swimming practices - always have a lifeguard on duty!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Really?! All of ya'll are lucky.. if I fill up the kiddie pool..She just wants to drink from it....then sneak away to the pond which is full of duckweed. Then she comes out of it looking like "the thing"!! :crazy:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just be sure to follow Safe Swimming practices - always have a lifeguard on duty!!

OMG! Love it!!

Yes I have a kiddie pool, she loved it when she was a pup, now she dumps the water and plays with the pool, all over the yard. I think I will try a larger pool if I can find one, maybe she won't be able to dump it.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
We bought Scarlett a pool and she was terrified of it...she said it was too much like a bath and what if some bugs got in it...eeeeewwwwww.

Seriously, Scarlett would not go near the pool...empty or full. I put a "free to good home" on the pool and set it in the front yard. Someone took it off my hands in under an hour. :)

BUT, if there is a minging puddle of stagnant, stinking water, Scarlett will plop right down in it. I figure it's a dog thing. :)

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Just make sure you don't get one too SMALL of your Shepherd might learn from this bulldog:

And we all know that Shepherds are MUCH smarter than bulldogs. The Shepherd would have opened the door ALL the way and then just dragged the pool inside.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts